What is wrong with my plant?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jagonzo, Jun 28, 2011.

1. I know something is up with it. i'm not sure what though. i thought it was a N def at first but i'm not too sure. any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. You're probably on the right track. Nitrogen deficiency certainly causes whole-leaf yellowing. However, since the new growth is yellow from the start, it's more likely that N is mostly locked out from low pH.

3. so what would you suggest? Would a flush help out any? or add something in? Im not a person too lazy to look around, and at the current second, i am but asking a question is never a waste of time. Thanks for the response!

4. Ideally, you'd want to test the soil to find out for sure that the pH is off, and to find out how far off it is. To fix it, you can mix a little lime in water (maybe 1/2tsp?) & water the plants with it, or you can flush the acidity from the soil.

5. i had tried the urine test the other day as suggested, 1 part urine to 9 parts water, and when i came home tonight, the plants are looking quite a bit healthier. this morning, they had purplish leaf stems (as i understand that was also a symptom of n defs) and now they are greening up. the yellow is starting to turn back to green again too. so im pretty sure thats what it was. im going to use the urine mixture next time as well and then go back to water and then every other time.