What is wrong with my plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Korbl, Feb 14, 2014.

1. its about 40 days old, most of the lower leaves and branches died so i trimmed them, the leaves are a light green with dead brown tips and drooping leaves
    i added coffee grounds (heavily diluted) for nitrates and the leaves are not cupping so i dont think its nitrates or overwatering
    i do not have access to a PH tester or chemicals but i can change the soil

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Well. Droopy yellow leaves is to me under watering. Dying leaves as well. For some reason this app isnt loading the pics, I can't tell for sure. What nutes are you giving?

Sent from my N800 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. not using nutrients, i am just using water and potting soil

4. So you're about 6 weeks from seed in regular potting soil and you haven't fed it anything? I can't see the pics either but I'm pretty sure it's starving.

You don't need a ph tester or chemicals, just get yourself some wormcastings and a bag of Espoma tomato-tone, should be $10-$15 for both. Use about 1/4 cup of tomato-tone per 5 gal soil and 3-4 cups of wormcastings, mix that into the top layer of soil and continue watering normally.

5. Coffee will help as long as you dont make the PH swing rapidly.

I planted a seedling in a %25 coffee mix once. It sprouted and quickly the stem was red, leaves were yellowing. Stunted I adjusted the PH with woodash water, and it began to grow healthy again.

My current use of coffee is a half cup to cup of used grounds per gallon of soil. Mixed in.