What is wrong with my babies? Yellow tips, faded leaves (pics)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Raiden420, Nov 2, 2012.

1. I have 2 clones that I've been growing for a couple weeks. I fed them nutrients(Alaskan fish ferts 5-1-1) about 5 days ago, they were doing fine for the first couple days. The next watering I planned on just using plain water. I decided to mist the leaves just a bit before watering the next day and I immediately smelled the fertilizer. There was still residue in the bottle so I basically foliar fed it on accident. What should I do? I dont know if I should flush em out or not because I usually wait until the soil completely dries out before watering again. Does this look like a nute overdose? I'm growing them indoors with a single 150W hps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I think it is nute burn. They should do just fine though. Whats the purpose of cutting the tips of some leaves off? I see it being done

3. I can see it very clear in second pic. Otherwise plants look phenomenal.

4. im no expert but id say nuteburn? Flush them plants out...and no nutes till it shows deficiency? idk thats just what i was told it may or may not be correct but thats what it looks like to me though. Im just a beginner tho

5. [quote name='"bmeat"']I can see it very clear in second pic. Otherwise plants look phenomenal.[/quote]

Thanks! Yeah I'm guessing nute burn, I replaced my top soil and flushed it out so hopefully that'll do it. And about chopping off the tips, I'm not quite sure why they do that, those leaves were chopped like that when I bought em.

6. leaves are cut when taking clones, i do it to help the light penetrate to the lower foliage while in the cloner. i also noticed when i dont cut the larger fan leaves i get mildew problems on the lower foliage probably due to lack of air circulation at the base of the stem and cloner.

7. Very seldom will you get nute burn from fish fertilizer. Fish fertilizer is one of the safest ferilizers to use.
    I would change your nutrient to a more balanced fertilizer with a little more PK and secondary nutrients....Keep your ph in check to avoid any nutrient lockout.

8. Got it, can you recommend me anything with a higher PK ratio?

9. lol....nute burn..you have a magnesium deficiency....foliar feed with epsom salt...1tbl per gal mixture....yellowing on leaf tips is a sign of possible nute burn...but full leaf discoloration....extending from tip to base of leaves...is a deficiency...not overdose!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Depends on how you want to grow...Chemical or, organic....
    A couple good chem ferts are GH maxi series and DynaGrow. There priced right and give the plant everything they needs in a 1 part fertilizer.
    A very popular feeding program is The K.I.S.S method, where nothing is used but maxibloom throughout the grow and can be supplemented with koolbloom during flowering, if desired. This method is very close to the Lucus formula which is pretty much a proven way to feed...
    There are a lot of expensive fertilizers on the market but, you only need a good base fertilizer for veg/flower and a good environment for plants to thrive.

Organic growing is best done when you build a soil with microbes but, their are liquid concentrates that can be used with fair results.....

There's nothing wrong with a fish fertilizer but, a hydroslate fish fertilizer that has been cold processed is the best and dose not lose any beneficial enzymes, whereas emulsions lack enzymes.....Neptune Harvest is a good source for the veg stage but, you will need a fertilizer with higher P than N for flowering other than fish....

If you build a proper organic soil you don't need to worry about the NPK as well as ph etc....

Good growing...