Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

what is weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by heavyweight304, Jun 14, 2012.

1. :wave: just kidding lol. hat I would really like to know is....

since I quite smoking cigerites , if I continue to smoke weed(which hurts my fucking lungs hardcore)will my lungs heal? It doesn't seem they would seeing as how there is still smoke entering my lungs. Any kind of smoke will hurt your lungs but my friends
    seem to think it wont effect them. I honestly think they just don't want me to quit
    toking up with them :p lol. But I have always found knowledgable answers here so
    I figured I would ask....?:hello::smoke: I haven't smoked weed in 5 weeks going on six and
    its all to help my lungs and it blows. I honestly don't want to vae because I think I
    will lose the feeling of the smoke in my lungs and stuff. Idk doesn't seem the same
    even though it is better .

2. they certainly wont get any worse. they'd probably get a little better

3. Start making edibles, they can get you much more stoned.

4. buy a vape, i have asthma and my lungs/throat feels great

5. #6 MrBongToker420, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012
  6. Vape bro or eat edibles, shouldn't really do any noticeable damage to you let alone anything to worry about.

7. Of course they will heal but in the mean time switch to a Vape or edibles ...... You did get me ... I wasn't even gonna go on this thread lol

Takes about 2 years for your lungs to recover from cigarettes if not too much damage has been done .

8. After you give them some time to heal go get your self some diffused glass and hemp wick. Joints and dry pipes kill my lungs but when I cut out the butane from lighters and got a diffused piece and I was fine. But yeah, THC helps fight lung cancer, so keep tokin :smoke:

9. Awesome sounds good I thought people would bitch me out for saying what is weed but I guess it's cause weed brings peace :) ahaha. Anyways sounds like some good info. I want to vape but you get that wierd feeling when you light up a fresh bowl...seems like it wouldn't be the same. Thanks for all the help though. I am still
    gonna research that link and see alternatives. All in all good stuff though.

10. All the people who linked about weed smoking not causing lung damage, it's still smoke you're inhaling so it's not going to be good. I'd lay off smoking for a while try edibles and vapes and just give your lungs some rest, and then after a couple months come back at it hard!

(also eat lots of apples they are good for lungs, i think? or i'm high, but i do like apples)

11. yeah combustion in general will cause long term harm.
    good idea going with edibles and vapes.

also what? lol. i dont think apples will help your lungs :smoke:

12. Your lungs technically dont heal from smoking ciggarretts, ciggarrettes permantly numb/ paralyze the cilia in your lungs. The cilia is the little hairs which removes the unwanted shit in your lungs.

13. bye bye cilia for me:(...:smoke: lol

14. i think they would recuperate from the cigarettes over a matter of years. but here is something that has always personally bothered me. think of how dirty your bong gets. now think about never cleaning it over the course of 8 years... is that what the inside of my lungs look like?!?!?! i cant use alcohol and sea salt on them!!

15. if its good weed its going to be therapy for your lungs

16. wooooooah I think the same thing. you can use a nebulizer though ahaha :)