What is up with Earl Sweatshirt and Tyler the Creator?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Afroman1017, Mar 23, 2011.

1. So I came home for a few weeks and was hanging out with all of my old best pals. They are really into these new rappers named Earl Sweatshirt and a guy named Tyler the Creator. I mean they have good rhymes and good flow but I just don't get some of their songs the music videos are really weird! I don't really know what im trying to get at I just wanted to share that. Oh yeah dubstep is amazing. Sorry I had to throw that out there.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78_loMbmKJ8]YouTube - Earl Sweatshirt - EARL[/ame] = Earl Sweatshirt

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw]YouTube - Tyler The Creator - Yonkers[/ame] = Tyler the Creator

Anyone want to shed some light on this?

2. personally Odd Future to me is dope. These are some hungry kids trying to set the bar. The yonkers video almost made me shit my pants the first time i saw it. But that is good. If youre not moving people with your music, your not doing it right. Tyler is a genius for directing that video, he really got his point across, and for being only 20 years old? wow, good stuff

3. Earl is the best 16 year old rapper I have ever heard. Hes a prodigy. Tyler, Earl and the rest of the OF are one of the best collectives to come out in a long time.

And weird>>>>>>>>the same generic crap I see so often.

4. #4 Rayban, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2011
    not to sound like a prick but you it seems like you just don't "get it"

listen to Bastard and EARL and see if your opinion changes.

5. there fuckin great

at first i thought they were jsut some weird kids making jackass type videos then i realized they made dope fuckin music.

they do what they want and talk about whoever they want. sounds like eminem meets wu tang clan to me

6. Just downloaded everything off their website after seeing the yonkers video a few days ago. Im officially on the OFWGKTA bandwagon Earl is my favorite, like someone else said hes the best 16 year old rapper I've heard. Pretty excited about goblin, I'm surely gonna be in space when that comes out. :smoke:

7. I agree with all of you guys their rhymes are sick as hell and I like Tyler the Creators style alot I mean I respect the skateboarding and I like his high socks with vans. (just another reason why I wish I could be African American so I could rock what ever clothes I want without kids judging me)
    I get what you mean i dont get it but Earl is a sickasssong but the video kinda makes the song like WTF I mean come on the guys nipples start to bleed. I think listening to the songs is amazing but then watching the videos is like whatdafauk I don't know if you guys understand what im trying to get at but thankyou all for your opinions!

8. I've been on these guys for a minute, Tyler the Creator is soo dope and Earl is only 16 and what a fucked up video, apparently they are fuckin insane live. Although i heard Earls mom sent him to military camp or some shit, LOL Free Earl!

9. Listen to Bastard by Tyler, the Odd Future Tape, the Radical mixtape, Earl by Earl Sweatshirt, and Blackenedwhite by MellowHype.

Radical is the tightest shit I've listened to mixtapewise. It ranks right up there with Kush x OJ, Dedication 2 and Drought 3.

10. #10 BrbEatingResin, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2011
    Earl flows harder than most rappers at their peak, and he is 16 (17 now?) Can't wait till he comes back. Odd future is dope as fuck.

[​IMG]

more cool shit on this redbubble account

11. lol you do know it's not real right?

12. That's not a black thing, it's a socal thing, get with it or get lost! These guys are out there but raw as fuck.

FREE EARL! :D Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All!

13. hahah what

14. yeah no shit hahahahahahahaha

15. #15 SqueezetheGrape, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2011
    Thats what I was laughing at too lol. Black dudes get judged just as much as any other person for what they wear. If kids judge you then punch them in the forehead.

16. These dudes are definitely the most original rappers out there

Domo Genesis-Rolling Papers is a dope album to blaze to and my favorite Odd Future album

It's pretty crazy that Tyler is straight edge too

Swag!

17. Pitchfork: Were you psyched to do an MTV show like the Woodie Awards?

Tyler: Hell yeah. Zoe Kravitz hugged me-- I have a legit crush on her. And Lil B came up to me, Domo, and Hodgy, and was like, "Oh shit! All love for the rebels, bro!" It was weird because he was excited as fuck. I'm a Lil B fan so it was fun to see him excited for us.

Syd tha Kyd: He's nice as hell. I saw him later on and he was like, "Wolf Gang! Swag! Free Earl!"

Tyler: I talked with Wiz Khalifa, too. I couldn't even tell him how much of a fan of his I was because he gave me a fuckin' lecture, like, "Y'all a movement, man. It takes balls to do what y'all are doin'. I respect y'all. You know, when I was 19..." and then I kinda dozed off.

Haha Tyler gives some entertaining interviews.

18. odd future is sick because theyre weird as fuck and offensive, rap needs to have flavor again. it somehow turned from a bunch of original ass dudes makin sick shit to a bunch of clones of each other wearing white ts and a uniform and shit. blows for real. this is good for rap, put some competition into it.

19. funny as fuck:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcHxiWwubnk]YouTube - Nardwuar vs. Odd Future[/ame]

20. They are part of the LA collective ofwgkta (Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All). within them theres also two "sub groups" mellow hype and earl wolf. Also theres more than earl and tyler them to in ofwgkta.

Great rappers and there like nothing else, there concerts are fucking nuts check out there tumblr. Its almost intense like a medal concert the environment is insane, and they have mad flow. Earl is only fucking 17 too, goddamnit son

btw the first video by sweatshirt is about them turning into werwolves with the potion containing percs vics colt 45 and some sizzurp.. yonkers video was tylers idea, he wanted that video and was very surprised when the producers took all of his suggestions. There fucked, but have mad flow and can lay down some serious verses. All albums free offered by them, go forth and download