Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

what is tincture?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by RUFFLZ, Feb 15, 2012.

1. im looking at some menus for the dispensaries and there's a section on tinctures. i sort of know what they are, but not really.

can someone explain to me what they are? what forms it comes in? overall effect? is it worth it?

most edibles dont seem to work on me and when they do i just feel really relaxed. does that mean tinctures most likely wont work???

2. a tincture is generally an oil (plant extraction) then dissolved in glycerine, or a mixture of glycerine and ethanol (grain alcohol, the stuff you get at a liquor store but generally everclear, aka very "pure" ethanol)

Its pretty much just administering the high via small doses of liquid that you eat... ive had lots of success with them as medication, but edibles work on me... not as well as some people, but edibles get me high for the most part... but thats generally different than a tincture... tincture is a quick delivery since its a liquid.

Whether its worth it or not though, depends on how much is in it vs how much it costs

3. do they taste ok since there's alcohol in them?

4. they dont all have alcohol in them, but its not really a special taste... lots of places will infuse other flavors into the tincture though

5. Ask the dispensary if they are glycerin or alcohol based. The alcohol ones are usually a bit more harsh.