What is this?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Katieblazey, Apr 21, 2016.

1. #1 Katieblazey, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    It's on a couple of the leave, I'm just curious as to what it could be. Nute burn?

Powder is fossil dust*

Attached Files:

2. The big leaf in the center might be having a deficiency (lock out or otherwise)

But it looks like your plant is ridden with powdery mildew, I can't really get a close up from the pic but those white spots look like PM to me

• Like Like x 1
  3. Almost looks like powdery mildew. Or residue from water if you're spraying the leaves?

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mildew and some kind of deficiency

5. If other plans dint have that mildew on them, get rid of that one quick.

• Like Like x 1
  6. It's fossil dust :eek:

7. It's fossil dust! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. It's fossil dust.. Decifiency like should I use more nutes?

9. Fossil dust?!? I think there's a problem with humidity in your grow space. As far as the deficiency, it could be that you need more neuts, need less neuts or a combination of both. And if it's a combo, the question becomes combo of what neuts, i.e.; more/less cal/mag, ph booster,etc.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fossil dust is diatomaceous earth

Pest controller, though I've never seen plants coated in it lol op beware you don't wanna inhale very much of that stuff, you can get silicosis

11. Oh, lol. Never use it.so what would be a remedy?...rinse the plant with water in a spray bottle?

12. I have never seen a plant covered in it for any reason so I have no idea why it's actually there. I've heard of covering the top soil with it and such...

His issue is the yellow brown discoloration I guess...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Damn! I use DE. I should have caught that. :(

• Like Like x 2
  14. #14 mook2707, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    not even needed. It'll fall off naturally and shouldn't harm the leaves in small amounts.

• Like Like x 2
  15. No humidity- it was striped like this when I got it from the dispensary. It was worse, but the some tips of the leaves turned yellow/brown and crispy when I gave it nutes.

16. I was told to just blow some of it over the plant because I do have spiders and other pests in my house. I'm bringing it in and out for veg so I want to be cautious.. The leaves were like this when I got it from the dispensary and when I have it some nutes some of the leaves tips turned yellow/brown... ​

• Like Like x 1
  17. His? Lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Her

My bad lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. No worries hahaha