what is this? what side is its head??

Discussion in 'General' started by 420daily14, Jan 3, 2011.

1. It looks like a giant sting ray!

2. yeah thats a big ass ray.

3. are u kidding me? thats an octopus

4. That poor dolphin :(

5. That would be a giant manta ray. The head is the top part that's facing the pic.

Love the expression on the guy's face on the left lol.

6. Yup thats a pretty decent sized manta ray. The ray has its back towards us and its head is facing upwards..

When spear fishing, ive jumped into the water off some rocks and found myself face to face with one about the size of a car bonnet... Scared me but she was just chillin so i swam away haha.

7. Thank you for making me even more terrified of the ocean and other pools of water.

8. haha, yeah i jumped out a boat, and there were some huge ass rays, i was scared but they were just chillen so i swam away.. its just everytime i look at any kind of ray, i just think of the crocodile hunter

9. Yeah man. Manta rays are actually harmless giants. Dont have stings.

Sting rays however are much smaller, hide under the sand so its easy to step on them, not a pleasant sensation, trust me. Feels like u stood somewhere slimy, then the floor abruptly moves out away from ur foot. You hope you jump cause sting rays have razor sharp barbs on their tail and dont hesitate to thrash it around when swimming away.

There are also close relatives of sting rays, not sure of their name. They dont have sharp barbs but instead can administer a sort of electric shock. Fun stuff.

My little brother has been shocked before leaving his leg feeling weak and sore for days, my older brother has had his leg lacerated due to a stingrays barb, looked like someone took a scalpel to his foot/leg.

10. They are like gentle, giant, swimming carpets :p

[​IMG]

Wooo!!!!

11. Hahaha exactly. Soo peaceful. As are wobbegong sharks, had one swim underneath me, shit was bigger then i was :)

12. yeah man im familiar with stingrays.lil bastards... When i skimmed on the gulfcoast id see them everyday, and somehow only got stuck once.. your steppin in the water mindin your own business, then its just like wtfff shit fuck and your jumping around freaking out.. i just stuck my leg in a hot tub for like an hour or so and i was good.

13. Hahaha farkk.

Yeah how much do freak out and jump around like a lil girl hahaha.

Skim bro? Thats like sliding along the shallows on a wooden board?
    I do that now and then hehe, mainly just lid though.

14. hahah took me by surprise, i was outta the water soo fast..
    but yeah sliding along the shallows, wooden is old school though..[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIRoT4G5zDs]YouTube - 2009 Florida Championship UST Event #5[/ame]

15. Fuck those manta rays get bigger than I thought.

Wish i had a 10 million gallon aquarium to keep things like that lol.

16. Would you ride it? ;)

17. Fuck ya, I'd pretend I was Aquaman all day.
    [​IMG]

18. That would be freakin amazing, or even better to hold onto a dolphins fin and zip through the water.

Anyone ever seen the show about the guy who was saved by, I think it was a seal? The seal was trying to feed him fish lol