What is this spontaneous sprout in my auto grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Flipperneck, May 15, 2018.

1. Planted a Gorilla Glue auto seed a few weeks ago. For some reason, within a few days after emerging, growth was stunted. It has since recovered and seems to be doing well (albeit, very short).

However, about a week and a half to two weeks after planting, I noticed two cotyledons emerging about 3-4 inches away from the main stalk. a week or two later, it started developing fan leaves. Not the typical MJ fan leaves, but those as seen in the picture.

The leaves tend to open and fold several times throughout the day. Anyone know what this strange sprout is?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Definitely not weed man

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

3. Some kind of tree seed by the looks of it.

4. it looks very much like a plant called the Sensitive Plant that folds its leaves when touched ,,,carefully dig it out and replant ,,,,mac,,

5. To me it looks to be a Locust tree seedling. Snagged a photo from Yahoo images.

[​IMG]

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
  6. I agree, it looks like a honey locust (Thorny locust) to me. Do you have a tree near you that sheds big long twisting bean pods in the fall? If so they are edible but you may want to grow a spineless cultivar instead. The thorns are ridiculous on these trees.

7. This is an indoor grow, and no trees nearby. Wondering if the seed was in the coco. I used quality coco from my local hydro store.

I'm in NC and according to Wikipedia, I am not in the Honey Locust territory.

Should I pluck it? Wondering if the roots have already become intertwined. And if I pluck it, would that have any adverse effects on the cannabis?

8. Yeah pluck it. No big deal. The roots are not very big on that sapling yet. It will pull right out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. It could be either the Locust or the Sensitive plant. Here is the sensitive plant: [​IMG]

I haven't been able to get the leaves to fold up on command, but they do fold up just like I see on Youtube.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I was thinking poison sumac! But, I'm probably wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah best to pluck if you don't know where it came from. You don't need some creepy tropical that needs blood or something like Little Shop of Horrors

12. I plucked it and the leaves started folding in a bit.

13. You monster. It just wanted to live. Just fucking with ya. GOod luck in your grow.

14. I've noticed that Fox Farm soil has some kind of little beads and it sometimes that actually grow or I guess there a seed no big deal just pluck them out

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

15. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1