Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What Is This On My Nugs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bw1tz, May 23, 2013.

1. I just picked this stuff up and was about to grind and smoke it when, I noticed a hard white frosting like substance on the nugs. Is this normal? Been smoking for a long time and, I've never noticed anything like it. Dealer is a stand up guy and I've been getting stuff from him for a while. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. I mean I've heard of "frosted" nugz, but the shit I get (usually frosted banana kush) is black, not white.  Idk man be careful though.  If this dude isn't a complete sketch-ball you can try it.  Just be safe/smart.  My friend smoked this weed that was literally white one time, turns out it was weed stored in a jar with some coke in it.  He kinda got fuckked up and started puking.  Nothing serious, he was just scared shitless.

3. Thanks for the input. The guy is a real good dude, known him for years. We're not BFF's but, I don't think he'd sell me bad shit on purpose. I believe the strain is white widow so, it could be lots of crystals.

4. Good stuff then.  If you don't have a reason to doubt, assume it's just really dank haha!  Only one way to find out.. *whips out gas mask bong* 

5. #5 bw1tz, May 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013
    I just smoked a couple bowls out of my little bong. Not dead. Just high.

Edit: Just heard from my dealer. It's a hybrid of white widow and og.

6. #6 DayJaVu, May 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013
    Yea, I just got some white widow and it was very white, just the nature of the strain.

7. So, I just checked it out again when I got home from work. Took a lighter to the white stuff on a small nug and, it started to bubble up and burn off. Doesn't seem right...

Baking soda maybe?

8. Imo. it's either mold or another substance. Is it fuzzy? It's hard to tell from the pictures. You can usually tell what crystals look like.

9. Imagine dried, white cake frosting. That's what it looks like. It's not fuzzy so, I don't think it's mold. I'm actually able to chip it off. Put some on my tounge and, it tasted like weed (go figure) and it was kind of sweet but mostly salty.

10. The pictures dont really help too much because they are so zoomed in and distorted but if it were me I would just chip it all off and forget about it. of coures it will taste like weed since its been caked on a nug for who knows long. it could be anything from mold, thc cluster, to some frosting for cookies / zebra cakes etc. just chip it off and move on, if it looks is stringy and cobweb like when pulling it off then it is likely mold.

11. Not stringy at all. It's hard and it can be chipped off. Inside of the nugs are dry and full of red hairs. I've smoked a few bowls and, I'm still all there. Not up cooing with the pigeons on the roof like Smokey. Thanks for the advice.