What is this on my leaves, mold? Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kanvict, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Guys, any help diagnosing my plant? I wanna make sure I catch any issues early before they spread. What does it look like? Haven't watered with any nutes except big bloom once (organic) even then I used RO water pH 7 to water it.

Attached Files:

2. Another pic, the whole branch is showing this.

Attached Files:

3. There is no mold, kinda looks like bug damage if some sort. I would feed it a grow nutrient start at like 1/4 strength and work your way up. I feed my plants at about 500 ppm at that size Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I'm in FFOF, I've read its not necessary / recommended to add any nutrients for at least a month. Should I flush the plant or just wait it out to see if it spreads -- because the Orange "burn" looking spot is on like two more leaves?Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Its nute burn. It does not need food. Some plants are heavier feeders and some freak out with a little pellet of plant food.

6. I haven't added any nutes though but I did add some more soil to the top layer after my last watering... could the extra nutrients from the added soil be the cause of the burn? Will the plant eventually adjust or should I give all my plants one good flush?Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. How old is the plant? When did you add big bloom and when did you first see these spots?

8. #8 snoopdog6502, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2013

Plain water and they will grow new happy leaves, I have some plants with 2 showing the same thing. I think you can get them to grow out of it. with good soils you dont need food till flower.

My white rhino autoflowers hate being overfed. they like shit soil till they get to blooming.

I do not feed plants very much at all. saves a lot of hassles.

9. The spots appeared after my last watering with RO water... but I added a little more soil to the top layer. Not planning to add any nutrients until flower to avoid any issues. Gonna water with plain tap water until I get to flower or see a deficiency I guess.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. By the way, not all the leaves are like that just that one branch.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Pictures of the plant... the spotting has definitely gotten worst. Help!

Attached Files:

12. Looks fine man, slight bump in the road is all. Plant looks like 98% healthy, whatever the issue is it is definitely outgrowing it.

You'll have lots and lots of dead leaves in the future, even as you get better at growing. Don't sweat it, your plant's not going to die.

13. [quote name="Not Sure" post="19245998" timestamp="1388293749"]Looks fine man, slight bump in the road is all. Plant looks like 98% healthy, whatever the issue is it is definitely outgrowing it.You'll have lots and lots of dead leaves in the future, even as you get better at growing. Don't sweat it, your plant's not going to die.[/quote]Gotten much worse, see attached pics. Need a solution please help.

Attached Files:

What's your runoff ph?

15. [quote name="Not Sure" post="19284175" timestamp="1388928485"]What's your runoff ph?[/quote] I think I screwed up but I'm hoping its still fixable. I was told FFOF was acidic and would buffer my pH 8 tap water but clearly that was wrong. I might've mistaken an Mn deficiency for a Cal Mag deficiency because of that... so I top dressed my soil with dolomite lime. Just tested the runoff to be at 7.1 but that was with pH 8.1 water added. How do I fix this before it's too late? My other plant is showing these signs as well, see attached.

Attached Files:

That was going to be my second question, whether or not you have a cal/mag deficiency.

how much lime did you use per gallon of soil? What, if anything are you adding to your water?

17. I top dressed with 2 tbls of lime because I thought it was a Cal Mag deficiency but now I'm starting to think it might be Mn being locked due to my high alkalinity tap water. What do you think?Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Not adding anything to the water, straight from the tap...Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Dolomite lime takes a very long time to leach into the soil to have an real noticable effects. Good rationale and thinking though to try the less invasive things before panicking. I had a similar problem right before I needed to transfer when my girls were young. It resolved itself, I am also in FFOF. I can tell ya like someone else said, don't freak out over a couple leaves here and there. I did that early on and got so stressed. Once you get to flower you'll be looking for reasons to try and trim off some leaves to open her up. Just give her time, those leaves will almost certainly not be there when you harvest. Good luck.

20. [quote name="Hypoxic" post="19284319" timestamp="1388931619"]Dolomite lime takes a very long time to leach into the soil to have an real noticable effects. Good rationale and thinking though to try the less invasive things before panicking. I had a similar problem right before I needed to transfer when my girls were young. It resolved itself, I am also in FFOF. I can tell ya like someone else said, don't freak out over a couple leaves here and there. I did that early on and got so stressed. Once you get to flower you'll be looking for reasons to try and trim off some leaves to open her up. Just give her time, those leaves will almost certainly not be there when you harvest. Good luck.[/quote]Continue watering with tap water or pH adjusted water or tap water? The problem is starting to spread so just want to make sure it's contained. Would adding molasses help anything?Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app