what is this new problem?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by badexample, Apr 17, 2012.

1. It seems like I hit problem after problem does this look like an issue to you?

ForumRunner_20120417_122213.png

ForumRunner_20120417_122222.png

2. yes some kinda defincency, and that other leaf looks red/purple... in the cold much?

3. Yeah they have been getting chilli at night this week its heating up quite a bit.. that wasn't my problem I'm talking about the nitro deff. Leaves now curling upward

4. Could be a 'N' def., but I'm not sure without knowing more about how long the plant looked ok until this happened. Some of those leaves look really dark in the first pic. If you've been feeding it regularly the soil could have reached a buildup that wasn't evident until recently. If the plant is older and the rest of it looks fairly healthy those leaves at the bottom would not be that unusual. Guess without seeing the whole plant and knowing more of it's history it's hard to give an accurate diagnosis.

5. @Cuzin red : about 3 weeks ago I transplanted from 2gal bags to 10 gal I was using 100% coco and it seemd never to dry after 2 weeks or so I mixed in perlite, but it was raining over the weekend and I had to go out of town so I left them in the garage with soft lighting and when I came back they looked like they were more purpley and yellowy so I took them outside and fed them yesterday (gave them techafloras "recipie for success" flowering mix and then in seprate water I mixed silica and added both) so today they are curling .. oh btw Friday when I took them inside I trimmed some lower leaves and buds that where tiny and cramping the plant .. let me know if you need any more info or pics thanks

6. ya i think thats far from a n def.. maybe a calcium or magnesium def try mixing some epsom salt with water and water throughly, it wont hurt.. usually plants will turn red/purple if left in the cold long, but if u think its a n def water it wit sodium free seltzerwater

7. Where do I get Epsom salt? Can I add a silica with it when I water?

8. epsom salt.. id say walmart i think thats where i got mine, idk bout silica never delt with it

9. You've had a lot of inconsistent conditions lately that makes it difficult to determine just what has caused what. Sure, try the epsom salts diluted in small amount of hot water first, at 1/4 tsp/gal of water, avail. at most any grocery stores or Walmart as suggested. It's cheap and can't hurt to try first. Then you'll know for sure if that was the problem by waiting long enough for a reaction in the plant before trying something else. Yeah, looking at your pics again an 'N' def. isn't likely. Again, it depends on what the rest of the plant looks like, particularly at the tops. From what I've read it sounds like Mg is the most common def next to nitro for marijuana, that uses more of it than most other plants.

10. Well I recently feed them which should've cleared up and def. So I don't know what todo.. I know my nut line locks up when I add sillica so I wateded alittle with nutes and then in sperate water used the silica so idk if that could've effected it .. the curling seems to be limited to the few sick water leaves I did not trim I'm hoping the hot weather will get them back on there feet.. and since they started flowering early how long should one wait befor harvesting them?

11. Didn't mention this b4 but have read that with soil grows supplementing feedings with silica isn't necessary since all soils have plenty. This would be consistent with the nute lockup you describe when you add silica. It can require a week or more to see an improvement and the leaves already affected won't really recover. This is the case with most all nute deficiencies. Only the new growth will show improvement and the progession of symtoms will stop, though often they can seem to get worse briefly b4 the anticipated return to good health. Flowering already outdoors? Where do you live? If in the northern hemisphere they're only flowering already b'cuz the days have been short enough in the few prior months to make the plant react and begin to flower, and will revert back to veg stage with spring's longer days setting in. Unless you move the plant into some dark enough area manually on a religious basis to maintain something close to 12/12 until they finish. To answer your question, depending on the strain, once tiny flower clusters just begin to show (indoors after about 2 weeks of 12/12), you're looking at about another 6-8 weeks or maybe more till they're ready to harvest. A board on here about harvesting and curing has plenty of threads describing with photo examples of what to look for to pick your buds at peak potency.

12. I live in souther california and moving them from inside to outside started their flowering, should I trim the damaged leaves? Maybe I didn't mention but they are in a coco perlite mix not soil.. if they are going to revert to veg soon what happens to the buds already forming? Will the plant hermi as a resault?

13. Sorry to just jump in to this thread but I also had a small question. I was cloning my herijuana strain yet yesterday roots broke out from the clones but the interesting part is that it's also budding and trichomes are now noticeable.... Will this be a problem if I turn transfer them into soil and 18-6?

14. [quote name='"Flclpunk86"']Sorry to just jump in to this thread but I also had a small question. I was cloning my herijuana strain yet yesterday roots broke out from the clones but the interesting part is that it's also budding and trichomes are now noticeable.... Will this be a problem if I turn transfer them into soil and 18-6?[/quote]

What light squedual are you using on the plant you cloned from and what are your clones under?

15. 13-11 5500k 13w fluorescent tube

16. I seriously just added some water to a recently drank beer bottle took a cutting and popped it in. Haven't changed the water or anything... Rooted in less than two weeks. Still confused on why it's budding as how its even producing little crystals

17. I keep clones on 24 hours a day untill they are about 5 inches then I move them to 18/6.. could be your light or the squeduel your useing or if your mother plant was starting to flower when you cloned them

18. Here they are with some close ups

ForumRunner_20120418_142422.png

ForumRunner_20120418_142438.png

ForumRunner_20120418_142450.png

ForumRunner_20120418_142508.png

ForumRunner_20120418_142527.png

ForumRunner_20120418_142555.png

ForumRunner_20120418_142614.png