What is this glass piece used for?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Serapsis, Jan 27, 2018.

1. I've had this for years and never used it, not sure what it's for. There is a hole at the top of the point. Curious if anyone knows what the purpose is. I think I got it with an oil rig but can't remember.

[​IMG]

2. It kind of looks like the tip of a nectar collector, but it has a female end so that can’t be true....

It has to be for concentrates. I can’t really see smoking flower with that

• Like Like x 1
  3. it kinda looks like a reclaim collector i used to have. there was an adapter that the nail sat on top of and the collector attached to the bottom with one of those plastic clips.

• Like Like x 1
  4. [​IMG]

This is the only thing I have that it fits I used to have a oil rig with the same joint size. I just can't see it being used for a dome because u can't dab through that little point....

I actually used to use it for making BHO, I'd fashion a screen to the joint end and the point would fit the butane nosel perfectly with the plastic adapters that come with the butane. It would be a small batch of oil.

5. maybe if there was a longer tube that connects to it... it might work well for making bho. idk it's definitely an interesting little bit of glass

• Agree Agree x 1

6. I remember where I got it from I think
    I used to have something very similar to this, with the oil collector on the bottom.
    I think it came with that. Maybe a weird attachment for the bottom instead of the collector?

[​IMG]

7. It reminds me of those weird vaporizer attachments for bongs, but like you said it’s too small at the end to really.... do that lol

8. FA5DF88A-F127-4375-8804-12A96B2EA953.jpeg

Like this maybe

9. maybe
    Interesting, is there a way to tell if its quartz and not just glass?
    im assuming you cant torch glass like that without problems.

10. [​IMG][​IMG]

Extra references.

11. Not that I know of. If I’m being honest, I don’t even know how that vaporizer attachment would even work lol

12. Pack it like a chillum I'm guessing, then blast it with the torch to draw hot air through.

Which got me thinking, maybe it IS a dome for a nail, but for vaping instead of frying. Assuming the dome is quartz.

13. But if it were a dome I think the top would be a lot more open. You’d have to get a dabber down in there

14. What I'm saying is put your concentrate on a cold nail, then heat the dome to vape. Instead of incinerating it on a titanum or quartz nail. The hole in the top would direct hot air down and around the nail. This is only possible if the mystery dome is quartz.

15. Oooohhhh ok. I could see that working, just haven’t seen that myself. You gonna give that a try? For science of course lol.
    Not like you got much to lose outside of a dab and a piece of mystery glass

16. I dont even have any oil right now. Might do some more research, if anything id keep it for those half-eighth oil pulls I used to do years ago.

All I had to do was put a coffee filter over the end of the joint end with some tape, fit the plastic adapter for the tane can, and spray it for like 5 seconds.

Who knows, maybe that's what it is, and the headshop I got it from was just disguising it as something else. I got it back in 2011, when dabs were still kind of obscure.

17. I think its for a vape.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. Thats definitely it... lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. Now I'm scratching my head wondering how I didn't see that lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. Those are box vape bowls without the whip.