Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is this device?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Hiltoniano, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Ah, another question, questioning man that I am. What is the device used to light a bowl, that has an end that looks like a ciggarette almost, apears to be a sautering gun ordeal(similar, not one), but what is the name of this device

Picture:Attached

DirtMcGurt credit for the picture (hope its alright that I used it)

Attached Files:

2. i think it is a soldering iron. ive never used one myself but it think you have to like do

somehtign to expose the ceramic heating element or something i donno i am probably

completely wrong but im sure someone else will come and corrent me real soon

3. man, your blazed spelling is atrocious. Thanks though for your input ~~~~

4. pretty sure FORE567 is right on the this one, I believe I read a tutorial on how to do this, but that it's basically just a soldering iron that has been stripped down to s certain level.....

5. #5 SlimPickins, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
    I have a hakko soldering iron that has a ceramic heating element, i think it was like 25 bucks and works great.

edit: This is the hakko I have, you just unscrew the end, pull off the metal pieces and there is a ceramic tip.
    [​IMG]

6. What are the pro's of using one of those instead of a bic or such? No gases I suspect?

7. Yup, pretty much.

8. Well, a butane lighter burns a lot hotter than the temperature that THC vaporizes, so you might not be able to use all of the THC in your bud. I think I saw somewhere that smoking weed yields about 20-30% efficiency (of getting THC) and vaping gets 95%~

so in theory, using a soldering iron rather than a butane torch/lighter will help you use more THC by combusting the plant material at a lower temperature

9. Wow, quite a difference.

Glad I'm picking up a Vape soon :smoke: