What is this Critter?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by pinarphan, Sep 10, 2015.

1. DSC_2311.jpg

Is this a common worm? I'm just days from harvest.....

2. Baby budworm I guess....do u see any pillar poop?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

3. bud worm ,they get inside and destroy buds

4. Fears confirmed! Ok, spent an hour in the garden tonight and only found 2 worms. Buds don't have the tell tell brown tops and I don't see the worm poop anywhere. On half my plants, my trichomes are all milky with a few spots of amber showing up but there are others that still have several weeks to go (none of them had worms that I could find). I have not treated these plants with ANYTHING ever so I'm reluctant to alter their pure form.

Thoughts?

5. get some spray called pyrethrum don't wait they will give u bud rot and your plants will be shit I had this problem not last year but year before cause I didn't spray at all and cost me a lot off weed once they get inside your buds they die fast if it rains it get worse this spray is safe to use just don't pull for week or two after u have sprayed and keep checking them every day if u found one there bound to be more

6. as u said days to harvest mayve pull now before u get rain and lose a lot off buds

7. ths from one my girls from few years ago this is the damage it does

Attached Files:

8. Man get some BT spray. I had great success with bonide BT. Had to drench 7 week flowering plant and no ill effects, its just a bacteria

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

9. BT spray good to but it doesn't kill them if the spray hits them they have to eat the leaf then takes few days for them to die ive tried it why I said to try pyrethrum it kills them soon the spray touches them

10. Don't spray pyrethrin on flowering plants. It fries pistils and will leave a lasting residue on the buds. There are several safer options that will naturally dissipate within days after application. Safer Brand BT is the product of choice for most growers when it comes to budworms. Spinosad, Nuke Em, and Big Time Exterminator are other good options that won't damage your buds. All organic and things I have used myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. The caterpillars won't hesitate to fuck your buds up. Once you find one, there will be more. You can abstain from spraying the ones closest to harvest and wait it out, but I would spray the ones that still have a while. You will regret it if you don't. They devastate crops in no time.

12. It may take then a few days to fully die but they stop eating and causing damage as soon as they ingest a few nibbles of the BT. It's the safest and most effective method. That's why everyone uses it.

13. That looks to be about an inch long.. You'll have them down to microscopic size and they are all through your buds since you've not been spraying every week from the get go.. Each adult moth can lay about 500 eggs in her life.. Dozen each night.. I get about 20-30 each night in the bug zapper.. Grates cut out so I can brush it clean each morning as my monitor on the little bastards.. BT weekly is the answer,, Twice a week in Aug, Sept if the zapper is loaded more then normal..
    ========================
    After I got my 1st harvest trimmed and hung it smelled so great but within a few hours the first of the catties started to hang down.. I brushed the few off and walked away.. A couple hours later dozens more of all sizes were hanging down.. Over the next several days not just hundreds but thousands poured out hoping for a breeze to carry them to better hunting grounds.. It wasn't till I started to break open the now dried buds and found all the mold where the catties had crapped in my beautiful buds.. Out of about 4 pound of finished bud I tossed all but a few ounces as it was simply unusable..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is the one I use as I can get it at the local garden center and not pay the double price the hydro store gets..
    BNW