Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is this black stuff?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Black Light, Feb 19, 2013.

1. What's up blades?

I recently picked up a quarter pound and some of the buds have this black stuff on it. I've seen it before but was never quite sure what it was. I always see it on outdoor buds so I'm not sure if it's mold or if it's nothing to worry about. I'll post a few pics to show you what I mean.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does anybody know what this stuff is? Is my weed safe to smoke?

2. Is that on the bud or them stems? Imo it looks like mold but its awfully dark mold. It might just be a dark spot from chemicals used in growing process.

3. Looks like mold to my untrained eye. Maybe someone can give you another opinion

4. Looks like mold. DO NOT SMOKE unless someone can prove it isn't mold

5. i dun think it's mold but it looks sketchy as fuck and my golden rule is if it looks scetchy dont smoke it

6. I couldnt tell you, ive bought weed like that a long time ago and smoked it and i was fine (dumb of me, DONT SMOKE IT THOUGH just incase)

I once bought weed with a dark goo on it, never found out what it was but it was some potent shit thats for sure

7. It could be contaminated with something, could be a weird mold, a spray, or even hash, but never smoke something that you have to really question.

8. now that I pulled it up on my computer it for sure looks like mold to me. Here is a pic of weed that is moldy for sure and it looks pretty similar. [​IMG]
    I would not smoke it or I would at least take some scissors and try to cut off the black parts. Also make sure you do not have any cobwebs on the bud as well.

9. Ew thats discusting ,bro

10. You got mold. And a qp. Guessing a little selling. I would not sell that so soul. You will lose a bunch of friends.