What is this and what to do

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by futureweedexpert, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Hey fellow potheads, my plant leaves keep getting yellow and brownish discoloration, it started from the bottom and now it seems as I it's slowly moving up any ideas as to what this is and should i remove the leaves?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I'm brand new to this stuff so don't take my word as gospel but it looks like underwatering maybe?

3. Don't remove leaves until they're dead or fall off –they provide sugars and nutrients to the rest of the plant right up until they fall off. As for your problem, problems on the bottom of the plant mean it's a deficiency of one or more mobile nutrients. Those include nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, & magnesium. The cause of that deficiency could be an actual lack of nutrients in the soil, the pH of the root zone might not be right, over watering, underwatering, lockout. The plant is missing some nutrients for sure, but there are a ton of different things that could be causing that. Can you give us a little more info on your grow?

What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    Veg or flower?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed nutrients? NPK?
    What is the runoff pH?
    TDS of runoff?
    What size pots?
    Give us all the info you can!

It would also be really helpful to post some closer pictures of a few of the affected leaves on the bottom of the plant and a close up of some new growth. Let's figure it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Don't remove leaves until they're dead or fall off, they provide sugars and nutrients to the rest of the plant right up until they fall off. As for your problem, problems on the bottom of the plant mean it's a deficiency of one or more mobile nutrients. Those include nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium. The cause of that deficiency could be an actual lack of nutrients in the soil, the pH of the root zone might not be right, over watering, underwatering, lockout. The plant is missing some nutrients for sure, but there are a ton of different things that could be causing that. Can you give us a little more info on your grow?

What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    Veg or flower?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed nutrients? NPK?
    What is the runoff pH?
    TDS of runoff?
    What size pots?
    Give us all the info you can.

It would also be really helpful to post some closer pictures of a few of the affected leaves on the bottom of the plant and a close up of some new growth. Let's figure it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk