What is there to do in Cali

Discussion in 'General' started by The Nickatina, Oct 17, 2012.

1. I want to take a road trip to Cali with like 500 bucks and a couple friends. What would I be able to do with that much money there? I am already going to pick up a sack and blaze on the beach. What else is there to do though? I am thinking of going to Venice or San Diego.

2. #2 Norcali, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2012
    Plenty to do. Venice is cool, but there are a fair amount of weird people hanging out, as well as very cool people. Lots of dudes walking around greased up in banana hammocks, as well as homeless/vagrants and lots of performers, strange people, etc etc. Cool place. Venice isn't about the beach so much as the boardwalk.

Santa Monica Pier is a neat place too. But most any SoCal beach is going to offer you some nice sand, overpriced restaurants (sometimes good food, sometimes not so much) and vice that will pester this shit out of you for most minor of infractions. This time of year it wont be crowded, even though the weather is still nice. The water isn't freezing yet if you want to surf/swim, but bring a wetsuit if you plan on being in for a while I guess.

San Diego: No idea.

Also, 500 dollars doesn't go super far in CA if you are splitting it up between a few friends. That's some food, gas for a few days, and an O.

3. Gas is almost 5 bucks a gallon. Remember that on your trip here. That said, what part of Cali are you planning to visit? Too much to list in one post tbh.

4. Sounds like here

5. I'd recommend San Diego over Venice. Last few times I went through Venice it was dirty as hell, but I haven't been to San Diego in a while. Lots of fun stuff in San Diego (and people). The ocean, the people, the food, the herb. Campfires on the beach are epic.

6. GO to San Diego then come hang out with me so I can get you so high and molest you after the getting high part

7. go to norcal. plenty of awesome places just out and about in the wilderness. hit up arcata or eureka if you want a bigger city. I'd steer clear away from socal, but that's just me. I don't like huge cities and millions of people everywhere

8. San Diego is good if you want to do things outside. If you want to go to clubs or bars in certain neighborhoods it can get expensive.
    Beaches obviously (Ocean Beach, Mission Beach, Pacific Beach are popular. Board walks and shops. Roller coaster at Mission)
    There are a lot of museums in Balboa Park, there are free days. Balboa Park itself is beautiful. Lots of beautiful old buildings, koi pond, botanical garden, rose garden, there is an outdoor amphitheater and a play ground.
    There are a ton of cool parks and dog parks. Ocean Beach has a dog beach.
    North Park/South Park/Golden Hill have festivals/art fairs/free events pretty often.
    There is a lot of good food to be had.
    If you don't want to spend a lot of money stay away from Downtown and Pacific Beach bars haha. Also hipsters love North Park bars.

9. Hell yeah, if you're looking for peace and quiet, hit up Susanville California, go up to the mountains and smoke some herb and find yourself. I took a trip up there a few months ago and I found so much peace and tranquility, I felt like I got a message after smoking 10 bowls. I was so relaxed, nothing could faze me when I got back to southern Cali, the pollution, the gangs and all that graffiti and shit. It was nice to just sit at a park and not see a car go by for 6 hours, nothing but deer and once in a while a kid laughing in the distance.:smoke:

10. [quote name='"SupremeToke"']GO to San Diego then come hang out with me so I can get you so high and molest you after the getting high part[/quote]

I live in SD too

Ill help you molest

11. #11 ColAngus, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012

From what I hear, you can go snow skiing and ocean surfing in the same day. I've only been to CA twice and didn't have time to do much.

12. Susanville, Mt. Shasta, Burney, any of those towns are lovely. Especially during winter, snow, it's beautiful. And there's a ski resort in Mt. Shasta, but you might need a bit more money than $500 to be comfortable. If you're ever interested in a summer trip, there's a cool little place just outside of Redding, near Happy Valley/Igo called Clear Creek. Cool place to chill and toke up, just bring a lawn chair, sunbathing stuff. I'm not sure but you may be able to camp there. Great place to fish too.

The 530 area is excellent if you're looking to avoid really big cities. Redding and Anderson are midsized, so you can get anything you need, but there's a lot of really small boarder towns you can visit; Igo, Happy Valley, Shasta Lake (lake resort town, really cool), Cottonwood. Nice rural feel. Mountains for winter strips, and two nice lakes for summer; Wiskeytown and Shasta Lake. Plus, you won't find weed any cheaper than up here. You can literally smell it in the air this time of year.

You can expect to pay about $40 a night for a cheap motel. A couple hundred a night for a nicer hotel. Or you could camp in the summer.

13. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhNneU5shTs]Stan Marsh "Jacking-it in San Diego" Music Video - YouTube[/ame]

14. San Diego can be wicked fun. I'd suggest hitting the beaches. There all pretty nice, but I like Mission Beach better because it has some of my favorite bars (Sandbar, CoasterSaloon)

Pacific Beach is nice if you're into crowds and have a bit more money to spend. If you're gonna head there, I'd suggest hitting PB Bar and Grill for taco tuesday. Cheap mexican food and cheap mexican beer. Can't beat that.

Oh, if you do come to San Diego.. You HAVE to go to a taco shop and get carne asada fries. You can thank me later. :smoke:

15. 500 won't take you far here in California.

I'd pick SD over Venice, unless you like traffic haha

16. Go to frisco (san francisco) Hella dope

17. So don't go to LA? :smoking:

Don't you Norcal folk realize that there is more to So Cal than LA? There are plenty of secluded spots in SoCal. We have lakes, camp sites, mountains, all that good nature shit.

18. Mmm carne asda fries.
    God damn california stoners invent some bad ass food.

19. LEGOLAND BiTCH

20. Check out some hiking trails. I know an awesome one in SD County called Three Sisters. It has three sets of waterfalls. Then come chill in OB with all the stoners hit up some stores.
    Theres endless things to do, just ask the right people and the right questions.