What is the whole point of life if life has an ending?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Mrleathaface, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Atheist here. I don't believe in the concept of a soul.

2. What's the point of any experience, as it's going to end?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well, i agree with what someone said earlier. We have to give meaning to the lives we live, but i also think that atleast some of us are here to be further refined, emotional, intellectually, and lovingly.

4. Soul be it... :thankyou:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I think OP should separate what the point of living is, and the actual action of living. If you intertwine the two and get caught up in it, you'll die before you find out the answer to either question.

6. Could be. Also could be that life is for the expansion of consciousness and that each and every moment is a flash card testing how we react to it. ie, with acceptance or resistance and similar flash cards will keep popping up until we make the right choices based on inner knowing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. You must assign meaning to your own life. There is no objective goal of humanity. Or at least, no reason to believe that there is an objective goal.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Six years ago if you had asked me this question, I would've responded that World of Warcraft is a game that never ends and is a continuous source of entertainment. Since then, WoW has nerfed paladins and warlocks so now I think they suck.

9. Don't worry about ending. Enjoy life and be happy.

• Like Like x 2