What is the whole point of life if life has an ending?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Mrleathaface, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Who said life has an ending? We are 99.999999999% Energy or something like that.. we only can change form/shape we cannot simply disappear. Yes the body cannot last for long but energy moves on to the next life. We will always be existing in someway/shapeform.

2. ..............I'd have to say just being privileged enough to experience life is enough in and of itself.

3. I'm not sure what life is it makes no damn sense to me I thought I was the only one :/ I'll get back to this when I'm high

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. What's the whole point of death if it has a beginning? ooooo

5. I believe that we are not humans with souls, but we are souls in human bodies. According to what I believe we souls come here to learn and have experiences that we need in order to progress. Even though people don't necessarily needs to believe this, at least one point of living is to do something great for the next generations, because even when you die life in earth is going to continue.  

6. Ever think of the odds of you just existing? One of my favorite high thoughts....just...holy shit....

OR even the fact that you get to exist NOW...as opposed to 200 yrs ago...or before...I know my ass would've been dead several times by now if not for antibiotics...

A little off OP....or maybe even a whole new thread ....but fuck it.

7. I find the notion so many people have that "life has a meaning because it ends"  odd to say the least.

Who among us will live 500 years and eventually tire of life so they are glad sweet death is there to absolve them?

Speak for yourselves, but I think the time we get in this plane of existence is pathetically short.   If there is an amazing ice cream birthday party waiting for me on the other end, then fine, but until I see some proof of that, I find this here a very short deal. 

We already know for historical fact that we have been constantly doing nothing but raising life expectancy with every scientific breath we take.  We as a species are not, and never have been at a point where we are satisfied with the amount of life we have.  Already now we scoff at the notion of a 40 year life span when that was the norm for so many for so long and still is in some places.  What makes you think our life spans won't be considered sad soon enough?

Furthermore, it is somewhat folly to assume you know how you'd feel about life if you were to live for centuries.  Reality as you know it, can and will take so many turns and morphs in such a time span that it is impossible to predict how you'd feel about it.    Or what type of person you'd be for that matter.   
    When people think about living for 500 years they imagine themselves and this world for 500 more years.  Of course that's not what it would be like.  

Eternity may very well be horrid, but it may also be paradise.  Anyone assuming they know for sure is attempting to lay claim to some very esoteric knowledge.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I look at animals all around me, and it can be as uncanny as a parasitic worm or a microorganism, to us humans. We all are just trying to survive, or live. I like to think we will live on through our generations, to us decomposing, also memories.
    There comes a time when you realize living and dreaming is all you can do when it comes to these types of questions, so we just do ettt.

:smoking:

9. this

10. #50 forty winks, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    this thread will also end

so what was the point in making it?

same principle applies to life

11. if life didn't end, it would be pointless

12. Eventually all matter in the universe will decay.. and maybe reassimilate, who knows. Enjoy your life while you can.

13. *bump

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. We could get into a philosophical discussion about this if youd like.

We would have to start with you considering the question

What constitutes meaning, or what does it take for something to have meaning?

• Like Like x 2
  15. You gotta create your reality, those of you who say whats the point in anything, yea it can be depressing, you dont have to accept that you die one day, time is oroborous and can not be divided, therefor, my life is eternal. Yes I will die,but just becsuse the number 2 exists, doesnt chsnge the fact that between the numbers 1 and 2 is infinity. Not just numbers, I can say 1-1.5-cow-1.7-burger-words-...2. Theres no boundaries in life, at all, only in the ohysicsl wirld, which is all a big simulation anyway, half our life exists in the spiritual world, or world of antimatter, which is endless. Ive never physically gone skydiving, but I sn still say that I have because I understand that the only thing thst makes it more signifcsnt than merely typing this post, is my perspective. life has no meaning, and reality and illusion have.no division- even the saying "illusions are more powerful thsn reality" is an illusion within itself, illusions can create your reality, they dont have to be detrimental to reality, they are in fsct part of reality and are the sole source for passion. I say this becsusein my experience, I felt the need to let go of illusions and my passion forlife diminished, and i.became very dull and blank and disconnected from the world. Lifes purpose is whstever you want it to be, but that doesnt mesn you have to pick a story and go with it, like what many musicians do by saying music is their life. Life can have every purpose and no purpose at ssme time

• Like Like x 1
  16. Only those who identify with the mind, body, concepts, things and drama feel that "life" ends... we are souls eternal and likely have been in thousands of incarnations... there is a lot of free information online but the only source that explains it is "God Speaks" by Meher Baba...

Not a quick or easy read but it's all there from before creation, the how & why but the bottom line is even a rock has life and a soul and we started out as rocks. Explains "hard headed" souls i suppose... Only the body & drama ends and most after 70 - 80 yrs or so are damn ready for it to... :hide:Bolt

17. Most of us at least for a time (often decades) feel we are here to be entertained, amused, for kicks, thrills, to gain, accomplish, collect, etc... But a fresh idea is we are here to serve and heal the planet, ourselves and each other... i just finished watching this video, the most recent from this guy Matt Kahn and it is very timely with all the chaos in the world not to mention these clowns running for POTUS (election).

18. Of course life has an end. That IS the point.

Enjoy it while you can.

19. If my car breaks down i fix it or buy another. if u think "life" is only when the physical body is animated, heart beating, blood flowing, you have just forgotten Who You Are... ever hear of the word SOUL? without it the body wouldn't be here, no dramas, no concepts (which is what most of us identify with)...

our motto is "i think, dream & do, therefore i exist"... well the joke is on us and once the body is dropped we wake up to Realize what a dream and bunch of misconceptions what we now call "life" was... :dance2:

• Like Like x 2