what is the shortest and longest time you can cure bud?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by untamedlion33, Feb 14, 2011.

1. just out of curiosity is it true the longer you cure the better? why is it important to cure anyway?

2. There is some great curing info in the Harvesting and Processing section. You can smoke weed as soon as it is dry enough to burn but it will taste and smell bad. About 4-6 weeks in a jar will bring out a far smoother smoke.

3. Shortest I would dry is 5-7 days, then a minimum of 7 days cure after that. You can cure as long as you want basically. Arjan from GHS said that he cures his Cannabis Cup entries from 4-6 months which he believes to be the absolute best.

4. ok cool. i guess i could do half and half 1-2 weeks for some weed and 6-12 months for i guess a special occasion. lol people do it with wine why not weed right.

5. How much does the potency go up by curing weed???

6. Some claim slight potency increases if properly dried and cured, though I've never seen any actual proof supporting this, or debunking it. That being said, lengthy cure times (~6 months+) thc and other cannabinoids will slowly degrade.