What is the result of our drugwar? - No Police in Mexico town

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by yayayaya, Dec 29, 2010.

1. The Mexican border town of Guadalupe has been left with no police force after the last officer was kidnapped.

Erika Gandara's house was set on fire by unidentified gunmen before she was abducted last week, according to the state prosecutor's office.

All her colleagues had resigned or were killed in the region's drug war.
    More than 30,000 people have died in drug-related violence since 2006 when the President announced a crackdown on the cartels.

Ms Gandara, 28, had patrolled the town of 9,000 inhabitants on her own since June.
    "Nobody wants to go into policing here, and the budget just isn't there anyway," she told AFP news agency earlier this year.

Guadalupe is about 5km (3 miles) away from the US border and 60km (40 miles) from Ciudad Juarez, the centre of drug smuggling operations into the United States.
    It is also close to the hamlet of Praxedis Guadalupe Guerreror, where a 20-year-old college student got the job of police chief in October because no one else applied.

The Mexican government has sent soldiers to patrol Guadalupe and to investigate the kidnapping of Ms Gandara.

BBC News - No police in Mexico town after last officer kidnapped

The only thing our war against drugs causes is increased poverty and violence in the already third-world Latin America. College kids with no experience are applying to be police chiefs since their towns lack any kind of protection from cartel's - and if they are foolish enough to apply to that position, they get kidnapped. It is really getting out of control down their due to foolish policies on both sides of the fence.

2. The saddest part is that our drug warriors actually think the increased violence is a signal of success.
    A little sadder than that is that too many people believe them!

3. I know isnt that sad....

Ms. Leonhart has exhibited questionable judgment when speaking to the subject of escalating drug war violence in Mexico. In 2009, she described this border violence - which is responsible for over 31,000 deaths since December 2006 - as a sign of the "success" of her agency's anti-drug strategies."

The Head of the DEA says the death of 31k+ Mexican Civilian is a GOOD THING? and its a victory in her eyes as "anti-drug" policy works WTF REALLY!!!!!!!!!!

4. I wish I could say she didn't get what was coming for her. =/

5. #5 arewenotmen, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011
    What the fuck is your problem? She steps up to help out her town and you're going to call her a cunt and act like she deserved to be killed? You shouldn't be acting like this is a victory for us, it's not, and I am frankly surprised that none of the more intelligent members of GC have said anything about your idiocy. Are you really this brainwashed to hate all police, or is it just because she's a woman and you're a sexist asshole? Seriously. Are you fourteen?

And for the record, police don't JUST work to take down drug cartels. There are still other things that the police have to take care of even if there's a drug war. I obviously don't know the exact situation in that town, but public safety, non-drug crime, and keeping the basic justice system running all come to mind. She probably didn't go into the job thinking "I'ma fuck up some uh them cartels".

6. Not, we're not sexist or anything, we just don't care about this guys rant because it's about a woman who's a complete douche. How could she expect to hold up an entire town against drug cartels? She's a mom for fucks sake, she should have gotten the fuck outta there for her kids. Those guys that resigned were afraid to step up for smart reasons. They had no chance, thanks to this drug war.

7. + Rep :hello: Im glad someone understands the priorities in life... not to be a sexist but yea if all the big strong men (idk how many like 10 - 15 guys) couldnt do the job what made her think she could do the job all by herself. Now she has a child that is either dead or an orphan now her sad lack of judgement and priority cost her family and her life.

8. Dont get me wrong. I wasnt calling ALL of you possibly sexist idiots; just P8ntblr. Hes the one who called her a cunt and acted like she deserved to be killed. Do you seriously not realize that A) Law enforcement isnt the issue, legislation is, and B) she could have stepped up for any number of reasons. Maybe kids were smashing her mailbox with baseball bats and all the police were dead so she decided to do something. Maybe someone said "hey, we have no fucking police to deter other crime thats not cartel related" and she was like, "shit, youre right." But I HIGHLY fucking doubt that she was attempting to singlehandedly bring down the drug cartels; and if she was, we should probably take it as a token effort by someone who was trying to simply point out that something needed to be done, not as someone ACTUALLY trying to do it.

What we shouldnt be doing is acting like she deserved it. I would think that GC members would be against drug cartels and their inherently violent nature. But Mr. Right Wing Anti-Government over here has to act like its a good thing that this person was killed. Even though theres a much better chance that she was only acting in her role because of community issues that needed to be dealt with, and not to destroy the violent cartels. That doesnt matter though because she had a badge, a vagina, and a mexican last name, so this immature asshole has to laugh about her death on an internet forum. Good job.

Again, not directed at anyone but P8ntblr. Nobody else called the woman a cunt And acted like a douche. And for people in Europe, this guy is from America, where cunt is a pretty harsh insult. Just in case it didnt seem like that big of a deal to you.

9. QQ I will reply no further, I will say what I want to say for I am Free and I am a Hispanic American.... Our media and politicians are afraid of saying what they want to say and we have become a nation of wussies so I make no apology fuck you if you expect one. If you want a watered down opinion tune in to fox, cbn, abc or some other bullshit news. Write what you need to write to feel better just note that I will not read nor reply further to this post You could take this as a victory or whatever. I wrote my sexist opinion if you dont like it just report it and have it erased blah blah blah whatever blah blah blah.

10. I lol'd when you were accused of being sexist.

11. Sexism is bullshit.

12. So is people acting like kidnapping and death is funny, but apparently not so much if the victim was a cop. Because all cops are out to get us.

13. Watch out, the ignorance might bite you the wrong way.

I respect cops, just not pigs. I've had cops pull up on me before, and he smelt the weed, and saw cigars, enough for a search, but since we weren't actually driving, he let us off since we cooperated.