What is the reason behind grasscity being anti-gun?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by angrysniper, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm interested to know. A while back I made a thread involving the ar15, and it was lcoked and I was given a warning. I didn't know the topic of guns in general wasn't allowed on this forum, but now I'm sitting here wondering why. Is it a philosophical decision? Or simply because talking about guns (legally owned or otherwise) and controlled substances on the same medium isn't the best idea? Discuss.

2. It's my guess that most cannabis smokers are liberals. No offense but screw them I'm an NRA member/Libertarian for life!

3. I think the site is hosted in the netherlands, where guns are illegal. It could just be the owner's choice for whatever reason

4. As am I. In fact most cannabis users I know are pro 2nd amendment and for limited government.

5. This exactly.

But I love me my guns.

6. I wish most cannabis users I knew were for limited government... but look where I live

7. #7 SuperSaturday, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2010
    Fuck yeah :metal:

Not a gun-nut but we do own a shotgun for home protection.

Libertarianism FTW!

Urghhhh, I wish America's tokers weren't such Democrat dick-riders. They should know better than to trust any political party :mad:

8. I'm anti gun control too, but socially liberal. Go libertarian party!!

I'm registered as "decline to state" but Libertarian is the closest to my political ideals you can come.

Trust me, if you wanna have some heated discussions about gun control, come to California. You'll be in well over your head.

9. "The illegality of cannabis is outrageous. An impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."
    - Carl Sagan

Wow great quote! I never knew Sagan was for the legalization of cannabis. Just started reading about him after seeing the video on youtube "We are all connected" by Symphony of Science. Carl Sagan shall rock on eternally!

10. :hello:

11. That would give all us peaceful potheads a bad reputation. The government would love that tho wouldn't they.

"Man shot 3 people while under the influence of Marijuana. Look how violent people get"

Shit. I don't want all that to start. fucking ignorant Government and there laws on cannabis.

12. Pretty sure it was said because of the legality of guns in the netherlands.

That and guns are associated with violence which also doesnt fly here.

13. it makes me hot when you put that extra authorita into your voice.

14. Smoke medical pot, lose your Second Amendment gun rights? | KVAL CBS 13 - News, Weather and Sports - Eugene, OR - Eugene, Oregon | Local & Regional News

Oregon NORML |

15. Violence is the answer when someone burgalarizes your home. Ever see Boyz in The Hood Agalloch? Thats the last home that burgalar will ever get in to because someone with a gun shot them dead where they stood. If everyone owned a gun there would be a lot less break ins I'll tell you what.

16. Agreed, he was a great thinker. Up there with Richard Dawkins. :]

17. #17 Agalloch, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
    Yeah it's sort of my thing, really.

You don't need a gun to defend yourself. My louisville slugger is the only defense I need. :smoking:

18. i think it might of been because it wasnt in the right forum?
    possibly maybe . . .

queens doesnt suck that much, there's just not much to do. atleast you guys are better than jersey (no offence NJ people)

19. Thats awsome logic, except you neglected to consider "Everyone" also includes the people doing the breakins.
    Sure some home invaders might get shot, but there would inevitably be home owners being shot aswell.

If you want "home security" that wont accidently shoot you in the foot, I'd recomend a something called a Burgular alarm, combined with PIR detectors ;)

20. #20 chronicman00, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
    dont know about you guys but i keep this under my pillow at night

im just waiting for someone to break in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.