What is the real difference between a Lux and a SG or JP TORO

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by McGrizzle20, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Im one who lives for glass, im talking worked to death innovations all day. Now i have been a loooooong time creeper on here and Glass District(check it out if you havent), and I Currently own a Kind Creation Inline Bubbler and Original ZONG Brand Inline ( one of only a few ive been told ) Bubbler, and BIGZ slide. I may be looking for an answer that doesnt really exist but, Beyond the extremely awsome showerhead percs, and gridcaps and what not, what is the reall difference in glass levels of these two brands. What are the reasons i salivate over an SG for hours but only offer a high level of respect for a lux( would love to have either). Is it just word of mouth or will i notice a huge difference smoking.

Now I will go as far as to say I do notice a difference in MY two inline bubs, a big difference actually. The KC is way smother, but the Zong produces more taste. Now knowing that LUX is actually a split/diff department of ROOR.us and most people hold ROOR in a decently high status level albiet most oft ROOR.de, what is it???

2. I have a theory on SG. The tubes are great, their percs are pretty innovative, I like them a lot. Anyway, my theory? The name and cursive label. I think the label has a subconscious effect on you, making you think the pipe is extra classy. I feel that way sometimes.

3. sg has quality crafted pieces. they are, like walter said, innovative, have a very classy look to them, and the pieces work like none other.

lux is not in the same category as toro or sg imo.

4. I've seen SG tree percs literally detach from their base and shatter simply because the tube was sat down on a kitchen counter top kinda roughly. I've seen roor.us and lux labels fade after less than a week from poor annealing. I've seen toro joint welds pop the fuck off out of nowhere. Point being that all of these are great companies, but quality control is never 100%, and they're all using the same boro dude. The caliber of blowers is pretty much the same across the board (well, JP shits on most of em but that's beside the point) and it really comes down to personal preference - aesthetics, filtration, thickness, etc.

5. well said