What is the problem?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Quadscrusher, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Hello I have meat breath that gets blotchy with spots on leaves before turning yellow/brown then dead.... having hard time diagnosing. Last run buds were bigger by this stage
    medium- fox farm ocean forest
    Nutes- gaiagreen 4-4-4 and 2-8-4
    Pot size: 5gal
    Week flower: 4

followed instructions if 1 tablespoon per gal medium... was entering feeding week when it started happening now I am afraid the plant is dying.... added 3 tables spooons more Of power bloom 2 days ago.... have not over watered as i let medium fully dry between. anything else i can do to ensure she doesnt die early? Give her a shot of grow big? Or will this further hurt its grow cycle length? Please see picture

Attached Files:

2. Continued..... grow big or tiger bloom i mean....

Attached Files:

3. this is looking to be a couple things,
    1st I see spots where there was spraying done while lights were on, the water collects on the leaf and magnifying the light causing burns.
    2nd the yellowing could be the plant feeding from the leaf or a lack of N due to flowering and nute changes.
    3....could be bugs. Check undersides of leaf and stems, well the entire plant really. If none found start with checking PH by doing a slurry of the medium. Take some soil out, place in a clean container and add water that has been PHd to what you water with, after mixing water and soil into a slurry let it sit a few min and check PH. Adjust as needed.
    Also you could try giving a small dose of N and see if that clears up the yellowing though N is cut back in flower for obvious reasons. Good luck and buds do look tasty.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for input, ya its a very nice strain last run was better no issues like this.... shes caked in crystal like shes dying lol

5. Cant see the whole plant with the pot its in but I would guess you need bigger pots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Try this

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. I did a post a while back about ffof. I've always had trouble start around week 5 of flower. I believe they were always lock out issues, and I see so many people on here have the same struggles. You can rack your brain until you go crazy, and unless you test the soil, you'll never know.

I had better success using ffof when I would do a very light nutrient solution and drench the soil with it until 10-20% run off consistently. And don't let the soil completely dry out. Your roots take in a much more highly concentrated solution of nutrients when you do this. The whole wet/dry cycle is a myth. Plants want stability.

Now I do fully organic with dry organic amendments and have virtually no issues.

spiral out, keep going

• Like Like x 1
  8. Really appreciate that response. I have some promix hp here.... works great for seedlings alot better then fox farm from my personal experience. Was wondering if there is any benefit in mixing the two soils together, ei better air flow, better root development from mycorrhizae. Also do you recommend gaia green dry ammendments over say fox farm synthetics?

9. Something is going on, but, if it's not bugs it could be totally natural and part of the flowering process. Old Tip: If the buds/flowers and sugar leaves are green and healthy *I* don't pay all that much attention to what the fan leaves are doing. This was really driven home for me when one plant I had completely de-foliated, but the buds & sugar stayed green and happy. The smoke was most excellent.

Just saying, if it ain't broke .....

Wet

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. As a rule of thumb, I think it is good to mix different soils together. If you aren't composting, I like taking 2 or 3 good bagged soils and mixing together with earth worm castings and amendments.

As for dry organic amendments, I've really only used Dr. Earth, Espoma, and Down to Earth products.

spiral out, keep going