What Is The Problem?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by alanna420, Jan 28, 2013.

1. I have 104w of cfl 6500k on one plant. it's on week 2 and it's having a few problems that I can't figure out? MG organic soil. 18/6 light schedule. HELP PLEASE

Attached Files:

2. If you dont state your problems helping is a little bit difficult.

3. leaves are curling and there is yellowing.

Attached Files:

4. Problem number one.. Miracle Gro soil. Definitely not a medium to grow cannabis in. Two, your pH could be extremely out of order, should check it out.

5. Definitely looks like they are burning from the MG.

6. i don't want to spend a whole lot on soil... could you suggest a better one besides Fox Farms... maybe one i could pick up for cheap at home depot?

what is ph determined by

7. Are you over watering?

8. im watering every 3-4 days.
    i think it may be temperature fluctuation. can a plant survive between 65-75 degrees? around 75 in the day and 65 at night

9. BTW tomorrow i am going to get scotts earth grow potting soil, perlite, and humus and manure and make a new soil mixture. hopefully this will help.

10. It doesn't have to be nothing fancy. Just look on the bag and make sure there is no time release nutrients. If the bag has 3 numbers such as .08-.12-.08 , avoid it.

11. how would i go about transplanting the seedling?

12. you will get back what you put into it. Use cheap soil and cheap lighting, your going to have problems with decent to crappy buds. Use good lights, good soil and good nutes and you can have a great harvest with great buds.

13. You can get some cheap soil, that's just as good as your expensive "brand name" soil. Fox Farm just up's there prices, because they know people will buy it. Although when it comes to lights, you should never be cheap.

14. Seems you have a few thing to take care of here,
    The best temps for photosynthesis are between 22-27C / 71-80F
    PH is set depending on the soil you get, and is altered by the water you add, you can test both your soil and your water.
    The soil should state it on the bag, and you can adjust your water to suit.
    "Optimum pH levels for cannabis soil grows are between 5. 9 and 6. 0"
    So you could add 7.4 PH balanced water due to the miracle grow, and check your soil over time....

You could try Flushing the soil, although you may want to ask someone with more experience as the plant is very young and is still a seedling.

15. Watch a couple videos on it, they'll tell you better than I can in text. All you do though is wait till several hours after you've watered, then put the stem in between your pointer and middle finger (don;t squeeze it, just so it doesn't move), and quickly flip the cup upside down, if you have to, tap the bottom of the cup and the seedling should plop right out (granting it's in a solo cup).

Also, make sure you have your other pot ready, and filled with soil so it's nice and quick.

that might have been a lil confusing, but that's the best I could do. :hello:

16. It wont tell you what Ph the soil is on the bag...

17. I do agree with the soil, but for a noob that is just starting, I think FFOF is worth it ($30 for the large bag that fills 4 of my 3g pots). Its nice not worrying about screwing up feeds or burning your girls the first 4 weeks. Take into account the cost of nutes you would need to add for that month and I bet the price isnt as big as some think.

But you are right, you can get some decent soil for a good price, just need to add some things to it to make it as good as FFOF or other premium brands.

18. this was very helpful. I'm going to buy a ph tester. I am going to change soils though... only because mg seems to be killing my plant. this was my first attempt at a grow so if it doesn't work out I won't be too upset. but i would like go save this if I can.

19. Hey gotta start somewhere. Just to add to what everyone else was saying. Yes Buy a pH meter. You can get nice ones on amazon. Also if you are neuting i swear that adding a ppm meter can help prevent neut burn if it is your first grow. My first grows were outdoors but i still managed to kill several with to much nutrient. A ppm meter helps you make sure you arent putting to much in there. Typically you only need half of what the bottle says.

As far as transplanting goes. Depending on age and rooting you can sometimes do it in a very simple manor. I have done this before, all i had to do was moisten the soil wait a min. Then pop the soil out of the cup into my hand and give it a few light shakes and then it was just the roots there. Then i put in in the new pot and soil and watered it. No problem, but i later did have to tie it up to prevent falling.

Best of luck!!

20. #20 forge, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013