What is the point of loving, if it ends?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by downtosesh, Aug 1, 2012.

1. If it didn't end, then we would not appreciate it.

The same reason why death defines life. Without one, the other becomes meaningless. You cannot have peaks without valleys.

2. Love has only ever taken my heart and broke it into little pieces. But I would not change that. I would not go back and keep myself from putting all of my heart into loving someone because it made me who I am today. There is no one like me on this entire planet.

3. [quote name='"downtosesh"']

Physically doing these things to get physical fufillment is not the same as emotional.[/quote]

fine, why do you listen to music?

love is like music. Relish the happy and the sad moments, they are both equally necessary for fulfillment

4. Suicide may not be a real option anyway - who says that anything actually ends after you commit it?

5. everything is temporary, so try to enjoy the little things.

6. [quote name='"esseff"']Some say love is just a load of chemicals the body produces so as to encourage you to stay with someone and procreate. But love is far more than this - it is your natural vibration. The more you feel love, the more you grow from it. Feeling love is nice, but loving is more important, in whatever way you feel you can. It is this that changes your frequency so that you see more of what life really is.

Don't confuse love with something sexual or partner-filled, there are far higher states of love to open yourself to. It never ends.[/quote]

I like to say knowing how something works doesn't change what it is.

Knowing that your digestive tract uses acid to extract energy from food doesn't change the fact that yournibtaining life force from the.food. its just explaining how.

Knowing how love works doesn't change what it is.

7. I hate to be a downer but I'm not sure anything has a purpose or destiny, we just exist.
    We just are.

8. thats like saying, why smoke weed if you dont stay high forever? sometimes it can be the best thing, sometimes it can fuck up your life. cant have ur sweet without ur sour in life...

9. What's the point of doing anything if it just ends?

10. #30 FacelessPotato, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
    Because people become lonely and need someone else to comfort them, we are biologically engineered to want relationships with the opposite sex, some people can see around it and think its pointless though, which in some cases it is.

And people saying why do you eat, smoke ect. Those physical things and love are completely different, if you're in a relationship it's a commitment, you can't just wake up and say I dont want a wife today because I don't want lunch.

Love isn't bad, but people get boring, after a while even unbearable. You just need to find the perfect match.

11. Life isn't about the end, it's about the journey and if the journey involves love then great. The now is all we have so enjoy it and find love in it.