What is the point of a carb on bongs?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by 7764234, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I've been looking at getting a new bong on here while its 25% off and I noticed a lot of them have carb holes that come with a rubber stopper. They are also glass on glass so you can pull the bowl out to clear it so why have a carb? Seems to make them look worse when they have a black stopper in it. The only time I've ever seen a bong with a carb is ghetto home made ones.

2. So you dont have to pull out the bowl

3. I guess it's just personal preference then?

4. it does seem a bit more convenient since sometimes the sliders can get stuck. my very first bong had a carb and i asked myself the same question but after using them for a while, it kinda makes sense XD

5. the hole is for plastic bongs if you don't put water in it.

Slides all day bro, just keep your pieces clean

6. Glass>*

7. I'm with Mr. NiceGuy.. I always get a bigger rip off of a slide bong. Plus if your not carefull and tip a carb bong, you'll get water all over yourself. I've always thought of carb bongs as obsolete..

8. To keep Chinese glass makers in business.

You wont see many if any American or quality pieces with a carb on it

9. Carbs were incorporated on earlier model acrylic bongs that came with those screw-in aluminum snap bowls. The idea was to give yourself that air-rush behind the hit that would drive the smoke all at once into your lungs. Once glass on glass slide technology advanced, the carburetor became more or less obsolete.

10. My bubbler has a snorkel carb hole. Don't be hatin braH!

11. Haha just like the carburetor on cars has moved on to fuel injection lol

12. i meant a bong, theres still high end pieces with carbs just not so much with bongs

13. Yeah like I said the only bongs I've hit with a carb was shitty homemade bongs with ghetto bowls but pulling a slide seems to clear them a hell of a lot quicker. If I end up getting one with a carb and stopper ill probably just keep the stopper in all the time.
    Here's the one I wanted.
    Flaming Skull - Double Ring 19-arm Perc Beaker Base Ice Bong - Blue - Percolator Bongs - Glass Bongs - Bongs and Waterpipes - Smoking Pipes - Grasscity.com
    I don't have a bong with a perc anymore and I don't really wanna spend a shitload of money.

14. Bongs shouldn't have carbs. Save up a bit more.

15. I have money, just don't wanna spend over 200 on another bong, anyone wanna recommend something decent for that? Preferably on this site since there's 25% off right now

16. If you buy it name it mr nice guy after me for helping ya bra lol.

Black Leaf - Worked Dome Percolator Ice Bong - Yellow and Blue - Glass Bongs - Bongs and Waterpipes - Smoking Pipes - Grasscity.com

[​IMG]

Blaze Glass - Premium 6-arm Perc Cylinder Ice Bong - Blue - Glass Bongs - Bongs and Waterpipes - Smoking Pipes - Grasscity.com

[​IMG]

'Blaze Glass' Clear Glass Bong - Beaker Base - 9mm - Glass Bongs - Bongs and Waterpipes - Smoking Pipes - Grasscity.com

[​IMG]

17. I recently bought this. I dont have a smoke report on it yet but it should be decent and Ive only heard good reviews. Tall, wide, ground joints, ice pinches, german glass. Not high end obviously...but not a bad price at all IMO.

18. Mr nice guy thanks for the suggestions but I prefer beaker style bongs, like the last one you posted but with a perc. Thank one is pretty much exactly the same as my current one.