What is the most underated band?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by litta_j, Jun 22, 2006.

1. In your opinion what do you think is the most underated band?

I think Phish i one of the most underated bands and i think the talking heads are pretty underated too.

2. neutral milk hotel

3. Crossfade...them boys cold

4. greenday and sublime

5. appleseed cast

6. Tripping Daisy

7. Honestly, I think you said it best. People usually mock Phish for being just another "college frat stoner" band, but their compositions have strong classical theory basis and can become very instrumentally complicated.

The Talking Heads have one of the most unique sounds attributed to their name IMHO.

8. I don't really think we can call any band that has "made it" underrated myself. The most underrated artists are the ones who are still doing their art for what it is, art. There are some absolutely amazing independent bands that'll never be signed because the general public doesn't "get it" or they just haven't been discovered yet.

But I do agree with what rumandromanism said about Phish.

9. How is Green Day underrated? Green Day lost all of their writing talent back in the 90s.

10. 1. Mr. Bungle
    2. Crosby Stills Nash and Yong
    3. Phish
    4. Bob Dylan
    5. Tool

11. +rep

12. i thought the same thing.

greenday is overrated if anything. they really suck now.

i grew up on dookie though, that album was the shit.

and sublime isn't underated at all. they have so much exposure.

13. green day is underated cause they have made one of the best albums in rock not once but twice and most bands only do it once then they suck but greenday was still able to make 2 unbeliveable records dookie,and american idiot.but somehow people dont really give them enough credit thats just how i feel

14. Alice in Chains :metal:

15. i'm sorry, but american idiot isn't one of the best albums in rock.

it's actually a very bad album.

they were great when dookie was around, they aren't now imo.

16. Phil Lesh and friends

Peter Tosh was'nt exactly underated but not noticed enough in my opinion

17. True that, I dont even like Greenday at all but you have to give them props for Dookie. Which I still have, for some reason I cant trip out looking at the album art on the front. American Idiot sucks it's the kinda shit the mtv thriving teen-agers listen to now-a-days.