What is the most silent fan?l and air pump

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Merkidge69, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Basically im growing in my bedroom and my fan is so bloody noisey! I have a silencer and its still keeping me up!!! Basically what is the quietest fan on the market? I know acoustic ducting and fan silencers help but really im looking for the most quiet fan willing to spend $250 my tents only 2.5x2.5x6ft
    Also a silent air pump too for 2/3 5 gal buckets

2. How fast are you running the thing ?

3. I have a black orchid centrifugal fan 5inch running at half the speed

4. Its so loud, i want one that i can have in my bedroom and its not the only thing i can hear lol, same with airpump

5. how much wattage are you running for lights? For silent fans go with the panasonic whisper bathroom fans. I can give you some links if you want...they're around $100-130 from home depot. I have a few of them in grow cabinets..one of them is 8 years old and still running perfectly. I've cooled up to 400w of hps with one before. Any larger then that and you probably want an oversized inline fan dialed down with a variac.

* for a somewhat silent air pump I got a hydrofarms 4 outlet one that's pretty quiet...compared to the other ones that size at least.

6. I had the same problem.

Get a speed controller for it or:

I bought a hurricane 4", sounded like a jet engine... Returned it, bought a "powermaxx?" Or something for like $120 comes with speed controller and carbon filter...

My fan is literally 2.5 ft from my bed. My exhaust vent is even closer. Noninsulated 2' of ducting, no muffler or anything. At full speed I think it's still quieter than the normal fan in my bedrooom (which I keep on lowest setting)... At half speed you can barely hear it..

7. Buy ear plugs at the local drug store.

8. Google hyper fan there're blue come in 4-10" anywhere from 200cfm to 1200+ com they're pricy but the most quiet and efficient on the market .. the smallest and come with 5 yeAr warranty [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Being able to vary the voltage on the fan and mounting both on rubber grommets will help the most for working with what you got. Vibration thus resonance are big factors for noise. Buffer the mating as best as possible with materials that absorb.

The larger the blades or the larger the impeller for both make for quiet operation.

10. Max fan pro 400 cfm quiet like a house fan

11. Phresh hyper fan stealth. Best £200 ive spent

• Like Like x 1