What Is The Most Racist Thing That Has Ever Happened To You?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by mikegunior7, Jun 2, 2013.

1. #41 Wiseguys, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
    So, what are you going to say to your daughter when she asks about her daddy?

Wait a minute..He wanted to marry you and you refused?  After having his daughter and could've done it for the kid. And I'm the fool?  Yea, ok.  So now there is no father.  You make selfish and immature decisions, then people are going to look down on you as they should.  If you could talk about how amazing the father is or something else it'd be a much different story.  Your kid is still young, I wish her the best but I know it will not be easy.

You thinking of having another kid anyitme soon?  Or I forgot with you it is just accidental pregnancies.

2. I was up for a promotion along with a latino and an asian. 1 postion open, 3 qualified apply. I got the promotion. And I know the people that promoted me. I know why they picked me. It was the most racist thing that ever happened to me.

3. Damn my thread blew up:D

4. I guess just being treated differently in general (starting at the ripe age of 8) throughout my life. 

Where I live the racism is more subtle, but still there. You'll get mean-mugged, people will lock their car doors in broad daylight if you happen to walk by, authority figures will keep a close eye on you. All that good stuff.

Then there's the occasional racial epithet. "Oh shit I forget you were there, sorry man." Great to know that my presence is the only thing stopping you from being racist. Lol.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I am going to try really hard to practice that right now.

6. Wow, that's ridiculous

I've experienced some racism for sure. I think the worst was with my old supervisor. Once he found I was native he said this one line to me that stuck with me since then. he said "so are you an alcoholic like the rest of your family? That's what happens when you get free money"

Ignorant fuck, not every tribe recieves funding like that. And ya it's true that native Americans as a group have a lot of social issues (drugs,alcohol,suicides,etc.),but damn.the way he said it was so cold. Visit a reservation one day and maybe you'll learn something, it's not a pretty place,especially where my family is from in south Dakota.

7. Meh, if you have nothing to gain through being racist obviously your a moron, i mean if you had some sort of thing to gain from it then whatever i guess its your life but just the fact that more bad then good is gonna come out of it and you persist to do it, that should tell you right off the bat what type of person your dealing with.

8. A black dude stole my bike once... no joke lol... I was riding it and he fucking pulled a knife out on me lol...

9. I'm Dominican. Dominicans come in all shades, from really fair, to dark as fuck. my mom is like Beyoncé's color, while my dad looks like a slightly tan white man. I came out pretty light, almost to the point where I could pass as being white, although most people mistake me for being half white and half black. most people have a hard time determining what my ethnicity is. during my freshman year of high school this kid asks me, "what color are you?" everyone who heard him laughed at his stupid ass question. basically he was trying to figure out if I was black or white. I just pointed at my arm and I said some stupid shit like 'deep Indian vanilla jasmine splash' lmfao. then he goes, 'wait....' and he had a dumbass expression on his face and he looked like he was thinking real hard about what he had just said. then a girl sitting next to him corrected him and he finally asked me what he wanted to know- 'what's your ethnicity'...

it's not really a racist story, but I still find that shit funny to this day. 'what color are you?' lmfao skin color is pretty clear unless you're fucking color blind haha

10. that's not a racist story, you just got punked lol. fuck it though, a bike isn't worth stab wounds or even death

Don't worry some hoe probably had his baby.  Lowlives and more lowlives.

I've seen that happen before though.  Makes me think of this story here: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/10/autumn_pasquale_death_2_teen_b.html

12. #52 Wiseguys, Jun 3, 2013
    That's why race and skin color is entirely meaningless.

Have you heard of the court case Plessy v Ferguson?
    Plessy was a black man because he was one-eighth black and seven-eighths white.  Now, if you are even 1/16th black it doesn't matter because white needs to be the pure race.  You cannot have any mixing or else you are considered black.

In Louisiana they didn't allow blacks and whites to ride on the same trains.  They had to ride separately.  Plessy sat on the white train and then declared he was a black man.  That caused an uproar and when he refused to change to the black train he was arrested.  No one knew or bothered prior to that point though.  Race is meaningless.
    Mostly every "black" person has traces of white-European in their blood and mixed races.  Especially ones who are many generations American but even the Caribbean, Dominican, Brazilian, etc.  Same thing goes for white people that have black in their bloodline.  I'm willing to guess that you have white-European somewhere in your bloodline too.   I wouldn't doubt that you have white-European somewhere in your bloodline.

13. #53 Luc1fER, Jun 3, 2013
    Being a white minority in my neighborhood i def got picked on growing up for being white.

Mostly blacks, but some latinos...half my family is 3 shades darker with black hair. So i got more respect from latinos Becuz my brother...Only white boy with red beard blue eye blonde hair in the fam, But we consider ourselves white with spanish n irish native background.

Sometimes it wasnt even for my color of skin but my fuckin t shirt was the wrong color.

I greet everyone with a smile and hello, and try to be respectfull to everyone now, but i get some blacks who literally just stare When i say hello and walk away. Or if they do respond it mainly to ask me if i gotta dollar. Lol

14. I'm sorry to hear that. But I feel you... I fight with mens most of the time in school... Until I know how to stop them...

15. #55 Blu3B3rryKush, Jun 3, 2013
    the offensive joke thread

edit - no more :laughing:?

oh shit... i typo ed the first time

16. I'm white so....nothing.. lol

17. #57 goneforever, Jun 3, 2013
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who the fuck do you think you are man?! You know NOTHING about me and your acting like you know everything with your smart ass comments. Let me break this down for you..

1. My pregnancies we're planned. We brought bulk packs of ovulation and pregnancy tests and had tons of sex, we had a miscarriage and tried again, intentionally, we planned a family because I DIDN'T KNOW HE WOULD LEAVE!

2. He asked me to marry him, I told him I wasn't ready for marriage and that if I ever felt the time was right we would marry. It's a piece of paper and would make no difference in our relationship except we would need a lawyer and the law to cut our ties and I don't have time for that if the relationship were to end. (oh hey look, it ended!) I don't believe people need to be married to have a baby. I don't believe in marriage. Unless I'm truly happy with someone for at least 10 years, I won't consider marriage and thats my decision and doesn't make me a fool, makes me damn smart.

3. He left me because I found out he was secretly dating another girl that I never knew about. We had a really open relationship where he was allowed female friends and I had male friends, well apparently a female friend was more than a friend, not something I could control. I confronted him and he said the only way to get away from the girl was to move, I refused to move to NC so HE LEFT WITHOUT ME! Not up to me. Has nothing to do with me not wanting to marry him.

4. When my daughter asks, I will have a rational explanation for her that doesn't involve you.

5. I don't need a father to raise my kids, they have me and that's all that matters. I give them more love and attention than I see some kids get with two parents. I own my own home, I've had the same amazing work from home job since I was 17 & I go to school, I'm doing damn good at my single job as a parent and I don't need your bullshit attitude because I'm not with the piece of shit father who decided to intentionally start a family with me and leave, and now refuses to even support her or see her, so I support her myself, with no problems.

You don't know anything about me or my family and you've done nothing but make yourself look like an asshole with your judgmental comments. Grow the hell up. Until you see my family fall apart and crumble because there isn't a father, shut your mouth.

18. You must have had a real shitty mom to have the disgusting views you do. I'm going to school for psychology and if its one thing I've learned... People like you don't act this way for nothing, your a miserable man putting others down trying to make yourself feel better for something. Degrading and disgusting, your mother should have raised you better.

19. #59 MortalTombat, Jun 3, 2013
    Not much really. My hair would turn very fair during the summer months that a lot of opportunistic plebs would use to call me ginger. But is all I've got really.
    Birmingham is a very culturally diverse metropolitan area. "Racist" jokes and terminology are taken very lightly here on the whole. It may just be the highly friendly level of tolerance that my friends have but I get away with all sorts of language that others will not have in a different area. It's only racist if there is genuine disrespectful intent behind it.
    Literally last week, I had to rush to buy some shaving foam (had a job interview) and the local pharmacy was the closest place I could get it, I was outside replying to a text when a random black guy walks up to me and asks "Why does aspirin come with a load of cotton?"
    I was silently clueless, unsure if this was a genuine question. His response; "To remind us blacks that we were cotton pickers before we were drug dealers". I laughed and had a quick chat before parting on a blessing hoping me the best of luck with my interview.
    At the end of the day, we're not endorsing or condoning the stereotypes, we're taking the piss out of them and using them as a tool of laughter.
    I didn't realise it until reading a lot of the stories here, which have been experienced by regular people, but I've been quite lucky to have grown up in the environment in which I did. A lot of what I've read here is quite shocking.
    Pushing your daughter down the stairs for dating a Native American, what the fuck? 

20. #60 HaZe RaiN, Jun 3, 2013
    When I was in 7th grade, 2 friends and I got jumped by like 10 black guys in high school. We didn't know them or anything. We were just walking down the street. They beat the shit out of us, stomped us out, and stole my hat. Some people driving by even yelled "yeah fuck those white boys up." Then after we got up, they continued to follow us yelling "fuck white people" and "we're gonna beat you till you can't stand." We ran down a street and hid on a balcony in an apartment complex. They split up in 2 groups still looking for us too but they didn't find us. I can't say it was a for sure racist thing but they sure were saying fuck white people a lot.