What is the most pathetic thing ever?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by ddd3, Apr 30, 2012.

1. What do you think is the most pathetic thing ever that could ever happen to someone?

2. Being Thomas Midgley, Jr.

That man must have must have done something horrible in a passed life.

3. :confused: wtf did Thomas Midgley do? I wiki'd him and found nothing unusual.

Btw, the most pathetic thing that can happen to someone is for them to believe that they aren't pathetic, or worse to not even know they're pathetic.

4. To fold in a game of poker

5. Selling jesus for a sack of coins

so you know that when you die he's going to recommend you to the spirit in the sky *cool guitar riff

6. pa·thet·ic/pəˈTHetik/

Adjective:
    • Arousing pity, esp. through vulnerability or sadness.
    • Miserably inadequate.

Ohhhhhh the possibilities... :smoking:

7. High School.

That or politics.

8. Yard super visors in middle school/ high school

9. Auto-tune.

10. Haha, oh boy. Prepare yourself to laugh at tragedy. He's a lamented figure in environmental sciences - but the worst part is that he had the best of intentions to help humanity.

He was the inventor of CFCs, which are the primary antagonists of ozone depletion. He was also majorly responsible for the addition of lead as a gasoline additive, which resulted in an explosion of environmental lead levels in the 20th century.

And then there was this...

"In 1940, at the age of 51, Midgley contracted poliomyelitis, which left him severely disabled. This led him to devise an elaborate system of strings and pulleys to help others lift him from bed. This system was the eventual cause of his death when he was accidentally entangled in the ropes of this device and died of strangulation at the age of 55."

11. Rape, racism, sexism, believing people can be inferior based on their traits, believing you are superior because of your wallet. Genocide, religious war (so, all war pretty much), animal abuse, hording necessities that should be shared (not hording shit that is fucking junk and no one gives a fuck about lol), slavery

it goes on and on

12. Dubstep fans.

13. real dubstep, or that new shit that is poop in my ears?

14. someone hopelessly enslaved by love unable to do anything they desire strictly b/c they must tend to another

15. uhhh-oooh somebody sounds jeeeeeealous!

16. All of it.

But I specified the fans really.

17. so clearly maxammo only knows modern dubstep lol

judging a genre on what its modern concept is when thats not even close to the correct name for it, is pathetic (wink wink, just jk lol)

this is dubstep lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZjbCkRJq44]Plastician - Japan - YouTube[/ame]

18. I agree hahahahaha but my point was mainly, dubstep is NOT the whomp trash transformer sex screech nonsense of today

19. Haters of fans of particular music genres, music is an artform... Not enough time in the day to hate someone based on their opinions

@Maxammo