Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is the most concentrated form of edible THC?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by hedfun2, Mar 15, 2018.

1. I'm looking to make some cannacaps, pill capsules with canna oil in them, but each capsule is only about 1ml. My tolerance is quite high so I'd like about 50mg THC per cap which is about .33g weed at 15% THC. I was wondering what solvent would hold the most THC so I don't have to take as many capsules, coconut oil or an alcohol tincture?

I've made canna oil several times and the most I put in was 14g for a half cup of oil which yields about 17mg per ml. Is it possible to make the oil even more concentrated or should I use an alcohol tincture. I've also never made tincture so I'm not sure how to do it properly or if it will work the same since there's no fat.

2. Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Both threads cover my Kief-hash based Caps and they run about 150mg each so that should more then satisfy your requirements.
    5 grams of hash to 1 tablespoon of oil.
    A bit stronger then your ratio.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  3. I like very strong tinctures, and use the essence of 1 oz flower to fill a 1 fl oz tincture bottle:
    (1) Decarb 1 oz herb @ 240 F for 40 minutes. Ardent Lift/Nova works well for this.
    (2) Grind to fine powder for a medicinal tincture (break into pieces for a recreational tincture).
    (3) Soak in 1 cup 190 proof everclear for hours, days, or weeks with frequent shaking (use freezer cold everything and fast rinses for a recreational tincture).
    I soak for 2 days at room temp on a continuously running stirrer hot plate. Magical Butter Machine is also good for this.
    (4) Let the sediment settle (about 30 min or so), then filter thru coffee filters. Graduated cylinders are excellent for doing this.
    (5) Add 1/2 cup more alcohol to the remaining sludge, shake vigorously, let settle, and strain into the previously strained liquid.
    (6) Repeat step (5) with 1/4 cup alcohol. This 3rd soak should pick up almost all the medicine.
    (7) Reduce the alcohol volume to 30 mL (careful boiling with good ventilation, or evaporation), and put into a tincture bottle. Green Oil Machine alcohol distiller clone from walmart works well for this.
    All of the alcohol can be removed, and replaced with 30 mL of any oil to create an oil tincture. (easier said than done)

The strength for good 15% thc herb in a 1000 drop tincture bottle will be
    Potency = (0.15)*(28,000 mg)/(1000 drop) = 4.2 mg/drop
    A size 00 cap can hold about 30 drops of this, or about 120 mg thc.

I suspect without proof that alcohol tinctures are better absorbed sublingually, but burn like hell.
    I like to make both oil and alcohol tinctures, but prefer oil.
    There is no need for any infusion into anything else, and either alcohol or oil tincture is well absorbed by the body.

4. The levo machine is nice for small amounts of oil or butter. It magical butter machine if u want to make 4 sticks or 16oz of oil at a time. I have mb machine and I use 70g of buds 16oz of oil and 2 tbs of letichen. Pretty dam strong. All depends on ur flower thx levels. I guess rso would be stronger

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

5. I've used this method, make your 14 gram batch, but use half the oil and 7 grams, then after you strain the 7 grams put the other 7 grams in and do the process all over again. I use coconut oil and this makes it comparable to using kief.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk