What is the extra incredient in formula420/orange chronic?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Blovett4, Oct 26, 2010.

1. I have experimented 5-6 times now cleaning one of my bongs, slide, and bowl with just rubbing alcohol and salt, and cleaning my other bong, slide, and bowl with Orange chronic. And every time the orange chronic does a little bit of a better job in a little less of the time and effort.

Now i can tell orange chronic is alcohol based as well, and has a small abrasive grain (i think sand or some type of salt, its always too gross to get a good look at), but it has to have something else in it that helps it get the really stuck on resin residue off those really hard to reach spots.

I'm thinking maybe some type of degreaser? or a liquid soap? not sure what do you guys think?

2. I know it contains vinegar, but there may be other things helping.

3. All I know is in it is alcohol, abrasive, and orange peel extract.

4. When I tried Orange Chronic I swear I smell an basic pH type cleaner. It’s a distinct smell and the solution had a “soapy” feel but no suds. May even be an orange oil cleaner with added alcohol and salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Save your money. Just use 90%+ isopropyl with course salt. It's the same thing minus citric acid.

If you want to keep your bong clean longer before having to clean it you can also use Grapefruit SEED extract. A few drops in clean bong water act as a surfactant keeping it from building up on the sides. All the gunk stays in the water. Also had slight antimicrobial properties. People with dentures put the grapeseed extract in their denture soaks. It's the almost the same as RezBlock but not nearly as pricey.

• Like Like x 2