What is the closest you've ever been to death?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hiiiibbbb, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Wasn't really close to death but I snapped both my legs at the same time in 2nd grade jumping off a swing set very high. Besides that I'm not really allergic to anything (as I know of) and I'm not really that daring, I sit around a lot. I was in a car accident once and fractured my right leg. I guess I'm not really lucky with legs.

2. in the guadalupe river in texas
    me and my niece went down the first water fall
    but the second one can easiy drown you so you gotta pull ou before you hit the second one, so i got out and was waiting for her, turns out she wasnt strong enough to pull out
    so i grabbed her hand and i wasnt strong enough to pull her out so we went down together
    if it wernt for me she would have died, she was getting dragged to the bottom and i was getting pulled to the 3rd fall, so she grabbed of to me
    and after mouthfuls of water and struggling for life we made it out

3. November 28th 2009 i wrecked my motorcycle going 100 without a helmet, 2 hematomas died in the chopper on the way to a hospital, they brought me back to life, performed a decompressive craniectomy and here i am back from the dead. ;D lol.

4. it was halloween and I was in eighth grade
    my dad had left and me and my friends went to my house with some fresh bud we picked up that day. that night we found out that a dude who was renting a room from us smoked and we found his spoon and we decided to smoke with it. we had like two spoons and a bubbler going an we were all pretty fucking faded

after we finished we had to cross this busy ass street to get to my friends house where they were having a Halloween party and I didn't want to wait for the crosswalk to change, so I decided to just run across. I shit you not I was less than four feet away from getting nailed by a car easily doing 50. that fucker didn't even slow downhe just honked at me and when I got to the other side I nearly had a heart attack

5. Something was wrong with me when I was an infant, I would vomit up everything that I was fed. Ended up pretty close to death apparently, and I'll always have a very gnarled scar on my abdomen from where the surgeons went in.

Another time I fell into the pool when I was about 4 or something, and I couldn't swim. My brother jumped in and saved me.

6. #46 littlejord, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
    I don't remember this at all because I was young and knocked out but my mom told me about it

When I was little I would play a game with my 2 aunties and hold both there hands and than jump forward and they would swing me back and forth. Anyways I guess one time I went to do it and my 1 aunte was expecting it but the other wasn't and I jumped going to swing and I let go of my 1 auntes hand but still was held by my other aunte tightly and I did some sorta crazy ass flip in the air and came down on my back or head or something in the parking lol

I guess I was unconscious and they brought me into a restaurant and I was laying on the table for like 5 minutes not breathing at all while waiting for the ambulance to get there. Sounds sketchy as hell but I don't even remember a second of it cause I think I was like 4 or 5 or something, glad I'm still here today :s

7. #47 ThePot, Sep 2, 2012
    This thread is fucked, especially those couple where people died and came back, creeps me out lol.
    Can't say I was ever too close, thankfully...
    - fell in a pool when I was 2, was saved by my dad.
    - Got hit in the head with a piece of ice during a snowball fight and got knocked out, no clue how long or anything but woke up in the hospital at some point and was really sick too, that sucked.
    - Fell off the backside of a quarry in the middle of the night, about 40 ft to the ground, landed right next to a jagged stone wall.. but fortunately the cliff wasn't straight down so I slid a bunch and wasn't seriously injured, about one ft either way or anything different, would have been real bad..

8. i almost fell off a rock face one time.
    shit was intense, wrong shoes :laughing:

it was in pisgah national forrest.
    thankfully my buddy was there to help me up.

went way to far down the climbing face of a rock.
    after getting back to our camp site i immediately sparked a joint.
    :smoke:

9. #49 InitialToke93, Sep 2, 2012
    Some dude in a big ass truck cut me off around a long curve on the expressway i hit the wall and slid across all four lanes and smacked into guard rail, i got fucked up pretty bad.

I've come close to dying a few times but i'd say that's the closest.

10. #50 tHe LoNLy StOnR, Sep 2, 2012
    Let's see ...

When I was 6 or 7, my lungs collapsed. All I remember was having difficulty breathing and feeling the room spin, so I have the awesome idea to sleep it off. I swear my eyes just shut for a second, and then I saw the lights of an ambulance and then I shut my eyesd again. Then I woke up a few hours later with pipes in my arm and nose. Then I shut my eyes again; woke up a day later seeing my mother by my bedside and she explained what happened.

The second time was were a few friends and I, out of sheer boredom and idiocy, climbed a hill at about 2 in the morning. The hill was rocky at the bottom and it had this soft sand. So we decided we'd smoke the weed we smugled to this camp at the peak of the hill, but half way up the hill we tire out, some of us tire out further along others a little lower, and so we decide to scrap that idea and run down this hill. What a mistake. I run and I can't slow down. I see the jagged rocks growing as I approach them; my hearts races. Time stops and I formulate a plan. Either I hit the rocks and die or I jump and try to lose all my momentum before I hit the rocks. I dive! My sides hit the hill and I'm bouncing like a rubber ball. "It's working;" I think to myself, "I'm not gonna die." The rocks are so close that I can feel their hardness. My body bounces once more and I land on a rock ... with my knee. I laugh. "Thank you God," I yell, "I -- oh fuck," my leg is is stiff as the rocks I was meant to hit. I can't move my leg; long story short, my knee cap did a 180. Thinking this was the worst of my problems I find out that I'm covered in sand and I can't be moved because moving my leg is too painful. They end up heli-lifting me ... down the hill. Turns out back then I was a pussy. The pain was too much for me, but I didn't cry. I think the medics thought there might be some other damage or the lift down the hill would be dangerous. I never asked, but I guess it was the only way to get me safely to the bottom.

Third time, was me Od'in on a couple fistsful of Xanax. As soon as I down those pills I teleport to my room; I'm on my bed and the thought of killing myself. "Tonight is my last night on this world," I mumble, "fuck you all, I'm out." I stumble across the room in search of a blade to ensure that this would not be an attempt, but an assurance. "Bingo," I draw the blade to my wrist in the hopes that this will be the first line of what would be my chalky silhouette. I cut. And as the blade runs across my wrist; my skin parts and the floor becomes enveloped in my scarlet spirit. As the pool of my essence grows, I feel compelled to paint some abstract figure with my shaky hand; which I proceed to do. The room and everything within it blooms into a hazy mist. I let out a maniacal laugh, " so this is it - the end," I ask rhetorically as I raise my head to the heavens. I look at my wrist - so beautifully mutilated - and notice how all the lines run like cornrows planted by a feeble-minded farmer. I shut my eyes for a second and open it to be bathed in a bright light that's burning behind some shadowy chattering figure. "Who? Wher--," is all I can make out before my eyes fall shut. I wake up several hours later feeling disoriented. I want to piss, so I get up to walk to the loo, only to fall because it feels like I forgot how to walk. I spend the next few days "learning" to walk. Hey atleast the hospital made great food.

11. well being in a bike accident. fell off a cliff like thing. but survived with minor injuries

12. When I was 18 and moved into my first place. I got shitty drunk and put a pizza in the oven at like 3AM. Passed out. My neighbor kicked my door in and brought me outside.

My entire apartment was filled with black smoke after the pizza was cooking at 450 for 6 hours.

Had a pretty bad cough for like a month after.

13. [quote name='"thunderfunk"']When I was 18 and moved into my first place. I got shitty drunk and put a pizza in the oven at like 3AM. Passed out. My neighbor kicked my door in and brought me outside.

My entire apartment was filled with black smoke after the pizza was cooking at 450 for 6 hours.

Had a pretty bad cough for like a month after.[/quote]

Holy shit! Great fucking neighbor!!

14. Yeah that pizza one is scary! I feel like that could happen to anyone.

I was pulled out to sea on a girl scout outing once. I definitely have never felt closer to death than then.

But I was probably closer to death once when I was watching Who's Line is it Anyway high and I laughed so hard I had a severe asthma attack and had to be hospitalized for a week. Still a great show to watch high.

15. My own brother almost killed me.
    He was shooting arrows in the garage and for some stupid fucking reason he didn't see me standing right in front of him about 20 feet away... i don't even know why he was shooting arrows in the garage... anyway he shot the arrow and it flew right passed my head, missing by and inch or less.
    I would have either died or lost an eye and part of my brain.

I've had other near death experiences but i try to forget about them.

16. Hit my head on the side of a pool when I was 7,thankfully my Mom dove to the bottom and got me.

17. #57 420dopeaf, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2012
    I used to work at a rite aid in the hood (South bronx) a couple years ago and it got me some really good pay. but one day these dudes came and robbed the store at gunpoint i thought i was gonna die that day lol as a 17yr old that was really really terrifying.

18. Two times.

The second I smoked weed my stoner buddy let me like a dub of dank all by myself. He wasn't paying attention to me for a while and then I went on the american apparel website. I started cutting my wrist because I as in love with one of the models and I was going to die for her. He came back just in time to take the knife from me.

Here is a picture of her:

American Apparel | Photo Collections Archive

The second was worse.

I was dicking around on the East side of town kind of late. I knew things were bad but I didn't give a shit because I lived there my entire life. MIddle of the night a car pulls up and stops in front of my car and two guys with dreads and baggy t shirts jump out. Instant red flag. Me and my girl jump into the car and I hit the gas almost hitting one of the guys. Second thing I know I burn rubber and the back windshield shatters.

I drive miles out my way to a red lobster and find gunshot holes in my car. I call the cops and go back to the parking lot where it all happens. 12 rounds fired. Clip emptied. The cops said they were definitely shooting to kill. The worst part is, all of it was for no reason.

I was scared as shit. After that for a good while I would always have paranoid trips when I smoke.

SoFlo aint no joke people.

19. [quote name='"spakky"']got jumped by a bunch of guys a few years ago. got a gun held against my temple as he was saying he was going to blow my brains out.. then he stole my s2000 and everything in it and what I had on me[/quote]

why the honda :( , lucky wasnt you though, crazy story

20. Damn stephen king..