What Is The Best Way To Transport Plants Into Forest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by halo samus, Mar 11, 2017.

1. I started growing 6 plants a week ago, and plan on moving them outdoors in 2-3 weeks once they have reached around 6 inches each. I am planning on moving them outdoors into a forest late at night or early in the morning with dark to cover me. What is the best way for me to take the plants with me and walk for a good 15 minutes to the spot and not being seen? This is my first time starting indoors and moving outdoors.

2. I walk about an hr with my seedlings.

Grab a beer carton and reduce its size to fit into a backpack. Place ur plants in that, nice and close together so the pots keep everything tight.2 to 4 per pack depending on pot size. Zip up pack

Carefully place on shoulders.

Walk in and plant.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sounds perfect! I will be planting in around 3 weeks hopefully. Waiting for my plants to get out of being seedlings and then I will spend about 2 days slowly introducing them into the sunlight. Thanks for your support!

• Like Like x 1
  4. dont forget the critter deterrents.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Is it a must even if I started them off to around 6 inches?

6. Where I live it is a must even when they are 6ft. I use chicken wire.

• Like Like x 2
  7. So Much faster!! :judgekneel:

transporter.gif

• Like Like x 1
  8. Damn I'll be sure to grab some critter detterents. Does the chicken wire make it too noticeable if I am doing it in a public forest? I am going to try and go off trail a bit so not too many people will be around it.

9. I leave my chicken wire outside to rust or oxidize, or I use old wire. Alternatively you can paint the wire. I have also seen people run a single strand of wire between multiple sticks (obviously procured from mother nature). This saves on carrying large "fencing wire" in.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Spray it matt black with a spray can (not gloss...) or get a smokey fire going and sit the roll in the smoke. Both these methods make it extremly hard to see.

Due to the amount of "stuff" that an outdoor plot needs its a good idea to ferry everything in either very early in the morning and or on a really wet miserable day.

• Like Like x 2
  11. What do you use as deterrent for deer?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chicken wire isn't going to stop anything here, maybe if it's tall enough. I've seen deer leap over 4' wire no problem. Do the pellets that mess with their nasal passages work?

• Like Like x 1
  13. i shit and piss all over the place around my plants. deer smell it and avoid it. Also spread dog hairs espically wolf orcoyote if you can get it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. I'm pretty sure that some of the deer repellent pellets at gardening stores are just Coyotes piss, so I suppose that would work.

Is the human excrements as effective? Def would be cheaper, Not sure if it's this thread where I mentioned but I will only end up with 1-3 of my biggest plants and I really don't want a deer to come along and make it a snack.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've known people to spread moth ball's around the area (away from plant's) of coarse.

I have not tried it personally tho.

• Like Like x 2
  16. yes. deers avoid humans. They are very docile, defenseless creatures toward the bottom of the food chain. Thier only defense is super smell, super hearing and runing away to safety like a mother fucker.

That being said, i emplore you watch a video called "pembrook deer" on youtube. The mother deer protects its fawn by attacking a dog.

• Like Like x 2
  17. I've heard this, as well. I've never actually grown out side, especially deep in the woods. So my knowledge on growing outdoors is lacking, thanks for the feedback. The babies are getting a jumpstart right now, I'm thinking of keeping them until they've filled out more so they won't be a bite sized snack for some dick head deer.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Always extremely stupid, best example is my uncle had a brand new 2013 Scion FR-S and instead of running to safety the deer literally ran straight in to the side of his car. He didn't even hit it, it hit him lol.

Edit: how fresh do the hairs need to be? I actually seen A LOT of coyote tracks all day today when I was scouting. I believe I'm allowed to shoot or trap them all year, I could prob use the pelt from one. Didn't really think about it but I could prob use small games traps and just set them up around my plants, would prefer not to critically injure any animals though.

Lmao if I got a single coyote I could use the pelt to make a "scarecrow" for deer. Wonder how effective that would be hmmmm.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I dont have to worry to much about deer. Kangaroos,Wallabys, Possums and Rabbits are my main concerns

Found this article that has some good Deer ideas though- Tips for Deterring Deer

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. That's awesome, I've never even seen a wild wallaby or kangaroo. Seen them plenty of times in zoos, and on crocodile hunter though lol

• Like Like x 1