What is the best way to plant outdoors?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by epicgrower, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Currently my plants are growing in gatorade bottles, but eventually I am going to have to plant them in the nearby forest. Do I just plant them in the ground or transfer the plants to huge pots filled with soil? Any advice would be great, because this is my first grow ever. Thanks.

2. You could pretty much do the ground method or planting them in a pot. I'd recommend the pot method though. It's about the same work as growing in the ground but I see it as being alot better for some reason. up to you. Are they growing inside for right now?

PM me if you have any questions/concerns
    ill be happy to help you out during your time being a parent to your young :p

3. No, they aren't. For now they're just in my back yard, but I already germinated them. What soil do you recommend?

4. Promix BX, Kellog's, Sunshine #8 or #10, Roots Organic... all awesome... some people like Fox Farms Ocean Forest, I'm not totally against it, it's just expensive, and IMO not as good quality of soil...

whatever you get, you'll cut it with some perlite and/or vermiculate... so pick a bag of each up optimally...

if you want to throw goodies into the soil so you won't have to nute so often... guanos (mexican/jamaican) or meals (bone/blood)'ll do the trick... keep in mind you'll need a pH meter if you're not aware of how nutes affect pH levels... guanos, for example, can send a 7.0 pH balanced soil down to 5.0, which is barely survivable for a plant, so lime or oyster shell or pH up would be needed...

it's just generally not a good idea to guesstimate on pH problems... so unless you're a science major or been growing for years and have a good feel for it... i'd suggest a digital pH meter (don't forget buffers and storage solution)...

as for how to plant... dig 2x2x2 holes and fill with your soil mix, or just use pots and transplant to a bigger one whenever it fills the pot...

5. I'll think I'll pick up the Fox Farms Ocean Forest. But I'm not too worried about nutrients though, unless it is vital to the plant. In this case I dont know if it is. And I'm not worried about all the technical stuff like ph levels and what not, since this is for my usage only.

6. the only thing "vital to the plant" is a medium to root in, light, and water...

that being said... you'll have a pretty scrawny yield/potency if you don't nute... and if you nute without a pH meter... you'll likely end up with pH lockout...

so if you want something you could pass to your neighbor without making excuses, i'd say pay attention to some of that technical stuff...

you can get by with about $150 for everything you to need to grow good herb... if you don't have that to invest, i wouldn't personally bother with it... i mean why risk jail time to grow schwag?

to each his own, i won't hate... but if you'd do some research and pick up a few things, your $150 per plant yield (if you know people that'll buy schwag) could be $1,000-$1,500 per plant... more bud, better bud...

up to u

7. either works. i've done both. never plant in a swamp. i made that mistake years ago. they will slowly turn yellow and die. swamp water is not flowing and has very little oxygen. roots need oxygen. i know you didnt ask about swamps but i try to tell everyone about that so they dont make the same error cause seeing the water makes it tempting. people tell me they have grown in swamps, i tell them they're full of shit. i've always used schultz potting soil when i did out doors. seems to hold water good so you dont have to be checking it as often. friends of mine use miracle grow soil with no problems. i just wouldnt go and buy some cheap off brand. but really, anything should work. just remember, the bigger the pot or planting area, the bigger the plant can get. when i used to grow outdoors i had a few problems besides being stupid and trying a swamp. i'll share with you so you don't make the same errors. deer may be a problem. they love pot. i always put a fence around mine however a fence will make it stick out more to helicopters or strangers. i also used to spray neem oil on leaves for bugs, i think it's supposed to work for deer too. however you have to reapply neem oil every so often or after it rains. another hug problem i had were slugs. those things just love eating leaves. i had to change location because i couldnt get rid of them. you can put a ring of sand around them but it sucks having to reapply. also don't tell anyone, people will want to steal it if word gets out that you are growing. dont do it on your property either in case authorities find it. good luck, and hopefully your first will be nice potent big healthy buds.

8. thanks man for the advice. i'll will definately try to get the biggest pot i find. any advice on hiding your grow area? the forest i'm picking is in a ghetto/suburban town called Levittown, so I don't want anybody to find my five plants.

9. It all comes down to privacy. Number 2 rule is pick a spot where NO ONE goes but you. (number 1 rule is don't tell anyone of course)

After that, find a spot that will get good sunlight most of the day. When you scout take into account that the sun travels from one side of the sky to the other so a spot that is sunny when you check might not be sunny in a few hours.

10. I'll keep that in mind man. thanks.