What is the best way to attach mylar to walls

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by matratzac1, Dec 5, 2008.

1. scotch tape, glue, velcro, what?

1st timer here

2. I think ticky tack. Something manipulateable though.

3. wont that create air pockets behind the mylar (=hotspots)????

4. Staple gun...

5. id use it if i had one.. but im on a budget. is there a sufficient way to do something similar, like could i use thumbtacks or pushpins?

6. just use whatever man, just as long as it stays up there. I used ducktape to put it on my cardboard panels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. lmao you're on a budget? can't afford a $5 stapler? You got lights? nutes? soil? w/e?

Electricity isn't cheap, you growing in your parents home? You do realize if something goes wrong they are liable...

8. chill bro, u know what i meant when i said budget....i dont want to go out and get something unless i absolutely have to buy it,.... if i had something at home that would suffice, y not save some mony (more i can spend on nutes)

9. Blow torch.

10. on drywall thumbtacks or push pins are good temp fasteners. If you plan a more permanent install spray mount or other tacky spray would be good.

11. I use 3M Interior Adhesive Spray,not cheap $13 a can.
    It did 2 rooms one is 5x6 and one is 6x6.
    I don't like when the mylar moves when a fan hits it,makes the flowering room[HPS] look like the room is on fire from the way the mylar ripples.
    If you know what i mean?
    The glue keeps the whole deal on the wall and not loose.

12. Nah, no air pockets if you put one every 6 inches to a foot and keep the tack very flat. Depends on what type of surface you are going to attach it to really.

13. I have my mylar stuck to the wall with wall paper paste, I brushed wall paper paste to the wall and papered the wall with mylar. Works a treat.

14. you can use a shower squeegee to make sure its tight against the wall

15. i would say duct tape

16. thats what i ended up using... but the tape was black. so i went out and bought some white duct tape and will be putting that over the black later