What is the best thing for the least amount of wasted weed?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by sonicflood80103, Jan 30, 2014.

1. #41 Bill O'Really, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
    If that is the first time you have heard that then this must be your first trip to the interwebz.....You ain't that guy that thinks the PAX is a pen vape are you?

Here, I just grabbed this after a quick and I mean QUICK search...looks pretty accurate to me, and inaccuracies will be discussed by the commentators. Hope this helps you.

I've seen several posts recently about people having trouble vaping their herb with vape pens.
    Please note, that these vape pens are only designed to vaporize oils, waxes, and other concentrates! They do not work for vaporizing herb!
    If the vaporizing chamber looks like this, it can only do concentrates.
    So if you're thinking about buying a vape pen, don't expect to use it to vaporize herb. It will either combust the herb, break the pen, or both.
    If the vaporizer specifically says "can be used to vape dry herb", you should still remain skeptical. Some of the places making and selling these things aren't afraid to flat out lie to you about what their device is actually capable of. Thanks to /u/coffinoff for this tip
    Definitely take a look at the awesome portable vape reviews in the /r/vaporents sidebar to learn more about some of the best vaporizers available!
    tl;dr: Don't try to vaporize buds or dry herb with a vape pen, it won't work!
    Portable vapes that can vaporize dry herb:
    Thanks to additional suggestions by /u/Bit_Chewy, /u/windsynth and /u/bagofbacon
    There are reviews for most of these in the sidebar.
    These are the ones I'm familiar with that can be used for dry herb. Let me know if I've missed any and I will add to the list!
    Combust herb with your e-cigarette
    • Special blank cartridges from Gentleman's Brand allow you to combust dry herb. They fit most e-cig models and actually combust (burn) herb, as opposed to vaporization. It's best to load the cartridges lightly, although they can hold up to 2g. Thanks to /u/justkeepinittrill for the tip.
    Coming soon...
    • Grass Hopper - Looks like a pen; view the video demonstration here. Previously called the "Zen Pen." Appears to be convection-based and very compatible with dry herb, though it's not available for direct sale yet. More info on their website (taking preorders)

2. Yes. Loads of experience.

Battery life is a huge concern, vapor production at the SINGLE heat setting used to vaporize wax or oils will cause combustion with dry herbs...etc...Because of the extreme heat settings used to vaporize oils, concentrates, and wax vs. dry consumable herbs pen styles are simply to small to combine the necessary components to do both efficiently. One or the other. Size and weight are the main problems encountered when designing one. And all of that comes at the expense of battery life. That is the trade off.
    So far the only one that looks promising, and specifically designed to do dry herbs is the Grasshopper, and it has the attachment to do oils. But I think people will find the opposite to be true with it. It won't do oils or wax efficiently.

http://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/1qpkih/want_a_small_stealthy_vape_pen_for_your_herb/
    http://www.hightimes.com/read/vaping-flowers-pens
    http://forum.grasscity.com/vaporizers/1208629-herb-non-concentrate-capable-pen-vapes.html?hl=pen+vapes

3. Best advice ever man!! Thanks a ton bro I have no smoke left over at all and it lasted me a week and a half. 2 grams that is lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. If you don't want to pay for a proper vape, just use a small glass test tube with a tube attached to it, or a lightbulb vape, they are VERY efficient, and you can roll up the vaped bits into a massive joint and you can get high again with the same weed!

Worst advice ever.   Do NOT use a lightbulb vape.  Could be VERY bad for your health.

Only bad for your health if you do not clean out the inside properly, after cleaning it i dont see how it could be bad for you and it is just glass..

Cheers man!  Glad it's workin for ya.  Haha yep my dad used to only have one or 2 hits a day like that.

Just curious how long 2 grams would last you otherwise?

8. I'd say about 4-5 days depending on how good it was.

9. Awesome.  Now next step for you is the Sublimator.  :D

10. just saw that on you tube man, the guy said one hit is like taking 4-5 bong hits!!! I wonder how much they are, i may be getting one lol 

11. lol never mind way to expensive lol 

12. Besides vaping, bong rips. With your lighter hovering above the bud until it starts rolling, not torching the shit outta it.