Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is the best strain you have ever smoked?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gman7104, Jun 23, 2010.

1. /sarcasm ;)

I've posted this thread because everywhere I look I see "what's your favorite strain" and "my dealer has this strain, what's a good price" etc.

Strain names are one of the biggest jokes I have ever seen among the stoner community. And not to be mean/harsh, but I'm shocked that so many people fall for this capitalist stunt.

There are hundreds of headie strains out there today. And guess what, I bet about half of the common named-strains don't even exist anymore, because they've turned into a different strain through hybrid breeding and such. Either way, the chances of the headies your dealer sold you being any real named strain like "northern lights" is EXTREMELY slim. Somewhere, between the time your bud got picked off the plant and put in your hand, a name was slapped on so it sells better.

So the northern lights you got has nothing in common to the northern lights someone else got. The only real way to know what strain your actually getting is to buy seeds from a legit seedbank and grow it yourself, but I doubt they are the actual strain name they are claimed to be too.

"Oh but my dealer is legit, trust me" that may be, but he bought from someone who slapped the name on. Remember that weed can go through dozens of people before it gets to you, so even if a grower used legit seeds and sold it to someone as "northern lights", chances are the name would change anyway since it's going through so many people.

Thanks for reading, and keep that in mind the next time you buy headies. Happy toking :smoking:

2. what the heck is the point of this thread, if youve seen what is your favorite strand threads why dont you tell them their fake and not waste space on a whole new thread this thread is pointless and should more or less be a post please take your negativeness into a thread that cares, im tellin an admin bout this one.

3. Your retarded the OP right he has a point.

4. The man has a point. Lots of people can grow bag-seed and call it "white widow" or whatever to get it to sell faster. He's not saying that these strains don't exist, he's saying that when you buy from a dealer, it's more than likely not what they call it. The only way to be sure is to grow your own.

5. I dont go by strain names, its all placebo. I just ask if i can see the bud before purchasing, ill decide whether its worth 20/gram after inspecting it

6. I know he has a point and i believe it 100% but it shouldnt be a thread. lol

7. hate this crap. same thing when people call it dro. shit's weak

8. You're an idiot, this is good advice that EVERYONE could learn from, including you. That's the point of this forum, believe it or not.

9. hahahaha you going to go taddle on him? grow up dude

10. Of course the names are stupid.

But I wanna name my weed sometimes (That's right I name it)

Like one time me and my homie were smoking on this dank and it was smooth and tasted a lil like honey. So we called it honey bunches of oats and smoked the fuck out of it.

It's all for the fun of it. Buy the sticky then name it what YOU want to name it.

11. Haha that's awesome. Get intimate with your bud... treat it like a child, then BURN IT!

12. Well mr. Ideas I didnt say it was bad advice infact i said it was good advice but it shouldnt be a thread god friken forum etiquete

13. :D:laughing:

14. dude the whole point of this thread is to ask for help and give help. I'm sorry that my thread took up so much space on this forum that has a super limited amount of threads than can be posted each day.

15. 1. You never said it was good advice, you said it was pointless.
    2. All good advice deserves to be posted as a thread so apprentice tokers can learn from it.
    3. Learn to spell and use punctuation. I can barely understand you.

16. Umn 1) "i know he has a point and i believe him 100%" sound like im saying its good advice.

2) i said putting this as a thread is pointless because all people are going to do is look at it and say thats true when it could just be a post and not waste space for actually important threads.

3) i dont want trouble and im sorry i upset so many people trying to be neat on this forum, just chill man im sorry i upset you guys just sit back and take in some green.:smoking:

17. [quote name='fat lb of grass']Umn 1) "i know he has a point and i believe him 100%" sound like im saying its good advice.

2) i said putting this as a thread is pointless because all people are going to do is look at it and say thats true when it could just be a post and not waste space for actually important threads.

3) i dont want trouble and im sorry i upset so many people trying to be neat on this forum, just chill man im sorry i upset you guys just sit back and take in some green.:smoking:[/QUOTE
    You shouldn't be giving out this bad vibe, especially if you're new here. You'll just be disliked among the city, lol. Just my 2 cents

18. I see your point. Trust me though, a lot of people don't know that strain names mean nothing. And the reason I posted a thread is so I can explain it, because just a few mins ago on another thread about Jack Herer I said that strain names mean nothing etc. and got flamed out by like 3 people. And I don't feel like explaining it on individual threads.

19. Thats cool thank you for the explanation you are very cool about this sorry for giving you a hard time man if you were here ide let you get a hit off this new shit my dealer got me called northern lights lol jk

20. Lol it's cool bro, we can all smoke a bowl and chill :smoking: