Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is the best strain to grow and smoke

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by fivestar, Apr 17, 2009.

1. HI THERE hope we are all just a little bit high today.
    well i thought i would start a debate which i think will be very heated and interesting.

what is the best strain to smoke and grow?

start off with me i think skunk one is the best to smoke its the taste, i am like drouling before i pick my bong up.

and the best to grow is violator kush as each and every bud is just rammed pack with pollen and my grinder is like full of shit in the bottom every time i smoke it.

2. Northern Lights is really potent, and it's also very easy to grow.

3. ^^ He is right, but it really all depends on preference.

-C

4. Personally... Hash Plant... Its really small, its PURE INDICA, and it yields quite a large amount for its size. Flowers in less than 50 days too.

5. Hash plant has the highest bud to leaf ratio of any plant. So if you want the most bud you should grow that...but I mean otherwise it's preference. Generally sativas will be taller with longer, stalkier buds while indicas will be shorter with nice big colas

6. Im thinking Grasscity should look into transmutation. Instead of growing, we'll just build a ray gun that turns shit into weed.

Michael Phelps: JAKE! PLEASE NO! FIRST YOU USE MY NAME AS A STUPID CLICHE` AND NOW YOU WANT TO TURN ME INTO...WEED!! PLEASE HAVE MERC...."

Jake: *BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH*...Time to phelp up.

7. them both look ok but i fancy something special. will someone twist my arm with something like jaw dropping. i fancy putting my normal strain on the back burner. i would like to think i could grow even a challangeing plant.

8. i heard strawberry cough is an amazing strain if you grow it. I've never grown it. I've only grown one strain so far.

go in the grow journal section & check out all the grows. See which one you think looks best.

Cheese from what i've seen is amazing too. I'd recommend Cheese or Blue Cheese. I plan on growin BC eventually

9. Yes, but from personal experience Hash Plant needs LOTS of light, and is a spider mite magnet. Just a little harder to grow than most indy's.

Another is afghan... Seeds are cheap, great genetics, very durable plant, good smoke... Pretty much a classic in the growing world.

Dont recommend Sativas, they get pretty big (mines 4 feet now) they are harder to grow and yield a lot less compared to indicas.

10. Hindu kush and trainwreck!! Im more of a sativa man myself...def love hashplant, sour diesel,grandaddy purple, pineapple haze, grape skunk...too manyto list. Next month it will be different!

11. What are the chances you were high when u wrote this :p

12. You do know half of those you list are Indica's right? ;)

What Wrecked said is true. As Indicas go hashplant isn't the easiest to grow and can be succeptible to pests. That being said for the intermediate to advanced grower it's more than worth the trouble.

Northern Lights #5 is not only a very potent Indica but it's extremely forgiving and easy to grow.

Most Sativa's are harder to grow indoors and take a lot longer to mature. I usually don't recommend Sativa's at all for beginners.

Hindu Kush is a personal favorite of mine and one of the first strains I ever grew indoors. It can attract the dreaded mites too but not as bad it would seem as Hashplant.

13. #13 Grandma Gudenhi, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
    Hindu Skunk for outdoor. I've grown it 2 seasons. Awesome yield, bug resistant, nice sweet buds, very stoney.

The plant is Hindu Skunk with about 3 weeks to go.
    The pile of buds is a partial yield, all the bigger buds, from the same plant.

Attached Files:

14. That yield looks sweet.

15. Only the pineapple haze and hashplant are indica plants that i listed. Everything else was sativa strains... like i said.
    Seriously, if you want a great all around bud you cant go wrong with any type of kush!! Kush has it all! It smells super sweet ad skunky and tastes spicy, kinda like hashplant. Very bulby buds! And it hits you immediatly after you smoke!

16. Northern Lights for these reasons:

Super strong Indica

Finishes outdoor by the end of September and has an amazing yield

Seems to be about up to 20% THC if grown by someone who isn't blind to growing. It flowers with good dense buds to leaves ratio. Real dense and tastes great after it cures for about 3 weeks.

Smells of a magical fruit your brain has never sensed before kind of like fruity pebbles and juicy fruit and Snapple Kiwi Strawberry

The high hits you in waves and is a good sleeper bud

Very hearty to drought outdoors and animals and pests and in my case finishes before the farmers chop their corn so no stressing out. If you grow outside and need things by October choose fast finishers that are indica dominate sativas can take from end of oct to nov sometimes

17. my current strain is violator kush it is a very good high. full of pollen(like shit loads) and like a musty taste. but its the taste i dont enjoy i fancy something purple or nice taste.

18. Durban Poison is an early finishing Sativa, done by late September outdoors. It does want to get lanky and tall, but it responds well to LST and if you don't plant until late May or early June you can get these nice little 30" bushes with many colas. Really nice for evening studying -- wide awake and thinky. So far, my favorite bud.

19. id say what you smoked before you wrote this post is probably pretty good. and if you aren't high, way to be..imaginative

20. Dude so it works out well in Northern Ohio cornfields? I don't live to far from a bunch of cornfields, I might actually try planting some this year then.