Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What is the best strain of bud for helping depression?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by superdragon, Sep 24, 2007.

1. I've been trying to do some research on which strain handles it the best, but depression is very individualistic and varies from person to person. Probably something with a decent amount of sativa, and not so much indica.

Anyway, these are my symptoms:

• [*]Sadness for prolonged periods.
      [*]Sleeplessness or excessive sleeping(It varies. Sometimes I'll sleep from midnight to noon, sometimes I'll wake up 10 times a night)
      [*]Anadonia or the loss of pleasure in normal activities
      [*]Feelings of despair or hopeless
      [*]Feelings of low self esteem
      [*]Unexplained lack of energy
      [*]Anxious mood and irritability
      [*]Trouble concentrating(Only in things that are disinteresting)
    I would venture to say that I am an average smoker with a little knowledge of indica and sativa properties, but as far as different strains go, I have not had to much variety.

So maybe someone who also deals with my kind of depression could enlighten me, or even people who have heard of what works good, I would greatly appreciate it guys.

I only ask for marijuana cures because pharmacalogical ones always seem to mess me up(I.E. prozac,zoloft,etc...)

2. Personally, I think marijuana's ability to heal depression stems more from the situation you are in while toking/blazed opposed to the actual herb.

3. I'm just looking for a bud that isn't gonna mess me up for the night.

I'd just like to be able to take a hit or 2 and be happy.

It's worked for me about a year ago with a 1/4 of this stuff I got from a friend of a friend, but only thought now that I should have asked what he strain was. Now basically I'm just searching again, find the strain, get some seeds, and grow.

4. worddd

5. Most Sativas and Sativa blends have a bit more of an up high, despite its ominous sounding name, I find Train Wreck to be very uplifting. Juicy Fruit is also a good happy high. I'd go with the strain guide in seasoned tokers forum, look up sativa and sativa dominant strains. Good luck with your search.

6. toke on some like 80% sativa throughout the day and smoke some heavy indica for the night.

7. Thanks everyone. Good news is I just got some blueberry seeds, so those are getting germinated right away. I'll check some of the strain guides too. I didn't realize there was one of those.

8. If you can get ahold of it C99 Would change your world..

Maybe even some hydro.. But its just a state of mind bruh.. You gotta change it ... the way you feel in the morning the way you eat what you eat how or how many times you shower a weeks.. The music you listen to.. Its all of that.

the weed just helps.. But if misused it could make your shit worse then it already is.

9. Man, have you been diagnosed by a doctor yet? Because it sounds like you have exactly the same symptoms I have, and I was diagnosed at age 16 with Bipolar Disorder type II.

When i'm feeling really depressed i like to smoke a sativa-dominant strain as other people have said. Most seem to really lift my spirits up and get me feeling good. Also try and be with a close friend who you can just open up and have a good time with, that helps too. You should be in good shape with the blueberry though, it seems to work really nice for irritability.

GL man and let me know what works best for you.

10. sative sative sativa. Only smoke indica if you want to fall asleep.

11. Don't let me talk you out of anything, and im not trying to be a dick here, but are those conditions really that different from any other normal person? Now I dont know you, but unless one of those overwhelmes your life, dont go out of you way to try and diagnose yourself with an over diagnosed mental situation. Live and let live man.

12. that is absolutely correct. We're way over medicated. Just dont take any prozac or whatever the fuck they prescribe.

13. I know what you mean, my girlfriend tells me I'm clinically depressed all the time, but I know if i went to a doctor they'd just tell me I have some condition and give me some pills for it, but fuck that. I'd rahter keep myself happy smokin with friends and such. Theres nothing that pills can do for you that a good night of weed and friends can't.

14. Strawberry Cough, thats what its known for

15. I'm in complete agreement with you as I've been doing the same thing for the past few years. I'd stick with a sativa dominant hybrid, indica only if you don't want to feel anything at all. Blueberry can fluctuate in quality from seed bank to seed bank so always be wary of that and stick with reputable banks.

Keep on tokin buddy!:smoke: