What is the best seed for me to purchase as a beginner?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by purplechick, Aug 1, 2010.

1. I sort of want to grow my own shit while taking a break from smoking. I want to grow something inside, but I don't want to shell out 93 bucks for something I don't know how to do very well. So Im just on here asking you all what you think is the ABSOLUTE best deal ( amazing high and good price)? I was checking out this section (INDOOR SEEDS) and Im just clueless because I saw a NL seed for $15 bucks but it only comes with one and I have no clue how many seeds I need. please help

2. i would go nl...a regular 10 pack.....maybe 35 bucks or so....get regs so you can see difference between male and female..have several chances to grow and learn...nl is pretty easy..decent smoke...and good yeild...good luck any way ya go....just my duece:wave:

3. thanks! how many seeds do i need to grow?

4. Uhm..that's up to you.

And perosnally I suggest starting with bag seed. Just buy a dime of some mids or schwagg and use the seeds out of that. If it's grown properly, you can find some real dank. You also don't have to worry about paper trail from buying online.

5. trainwreck is right....should start some baggies...my bad:smoking:

6. take the money you would spend on the seeds and spend it on supplies for gardening. once you've learned a little bit about growing then spend the money on genetics.

bagseed will put out some amazing dank! just finishing up my second grow and i'm almost scared by how crystally the buds are.

plant more seeds than you think you will need. factor in a 50/50 male/female ratio and (no doubt) you will have some that just don't grow as well as others. it's better to have so many plants that you need to get rid of one than only start two and have both turn out male/not growing so well.

7. Plus one to all of what he said ^^^^^^^^^^

8. Another option for seeds it to go to additude and watch their monthly deals. Like currently if you spend 15 euros you get 2 bonus Auto flower sees plus an additional 3 seeds for their standard promotion. so you could easily get 7-10 seeds for 30-40 US.

however like stated above, bag seed = perfect starter seeds. You already paid for them when you got your weed. You have an idea of what kind of smoke to expect, and you dont have to worry about customs or shipping problems. PLUS you save money which could be used for other things like lights, soil, nutes.

9. you can get nirvana beans for just $25 at seedboutique and generally something free with that! on my last order, i bought white castles & haze 19 skunks 7 got a 5 pack of dinafem shark attacks worth almost as much as my order. i've bought a bunch of nirvana strains, let's see... cali-o, bubblicious, pure power plant, haze skunk & white castle and every bean has popped & been healthy.

i don't know how easy it is to grow, but nirvana's white rhino gives very respectable results from every report i've read for a few years.

skunk 1 & northern lights are classic starter strains for a first grow. NL in particular is nice because of it's low odor.

if, like me, you want a sativa style buzz & no couchlock, look into $57 joey weed C99s. C99 has a racy energetic, even paranoid high yet grows fast & compact, even compared to some larger indicas & hybrids.

another possibility in the $30 range is anything by mandala. their beans are highly regarded and the breeders go to extra lengths to ensure vigorous strains that are heat resistant. they have a wide range of strains.

10. I'd suggest going for some auto flowering strains as a beginner. They give you a good starting point for growing weed. They flower automatically, hence the name, finish fast and stay short so not taking up too much room.
    The main downside with Autos is a smaller yield but when starting growing its all about technique and making sure you have a half decent set up.

11. second that .. NL is so good it has its own Wiki..and Super Skunk can grow itself, toughest part of growing either strain is smoking it...