What is the best option for temp and humidity?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 420canadiancannabis, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Was wondering if I should get Inkbird’s for both heat and humidity- plug in cheaper heater and humidifier and dehumidifier or get a humidifier and heater that can read the humidity and temps and let them just run on their own without the help of the Inkbirds.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I've just started looking at these as I have and old fan control, [​IMG]
    , sorry I can offer advise but will be looking into these as well

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi I just looked up the dual 230 model it does temperature and humidity, but as an on and off only for humidity or I couldn't find any separation value., the single model seems to afford more control.

Ie. I want my humidifier to turn off at 65% the duel appears that it will do this but I don't see specs to allow separation for turn on at 50%

The stand alone controller will do what I want.

It could be a poor add but based on my research I will be looking at a controller for each function.

What elements are you most trying to control.?

For me, to much heat, fan comes on at 28 off at 26
    With my humidifier running this keeps my humidity perfect while the lights are on, my problem exists after lights out my humidity climbs over 65%, I would prefer not to shut it off with my lights as then my humidity drops to 35% so the controller should help eliminate this, my heater has a control so no need for controller.

I will do more homework, to see if I overlooked something, which is always possible.

4. I want anything that will make my job monitoring temps/humidity easier. There are two separate Inkbird- one for temps- simply set the low end and the high end variables. When it hits low, the Inkbird will turn a heater on and if it hits too high temp it will turn off the heater and turn on a AC unit or fan unit. The other Inkbird would monitor the humidity- turning the humidifier if gets low and off when it gets in the range. During flowering I can set the humidity to turn on a dehumidifier. If I get Inkbird monitors then I don’t have to get a heater/ac unit and humidifier that reads each separately. There are pros and cons to each

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I would tend to start with the heater and air with the controls built in, if you like the ink bird, you can still add them for redundancies and added control. My humidifier doesn't have a off setting only low and high so I will need to add a controller. For better control as I use a timer during lights off.