what is the best option for potting?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rootsair, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Hi fellows,

Well the outdoor season is about to start here and I'm feeling pretty excited about having an outdoor chocolope.

The plant is now about 10cm in the warmth of a box inside a 2,5litre pot and I am planning to put in on my balcony this weekend.

My plan was to first put it in a 15 litre pot until june and then ove it into a a 69litre pot as I consider the 69litre pot to be a bit too big for the size the plant is now.

Would you counsel me to do the 2,5-->15l--->69 litre or directly transplant it into the 69 litre pot?

My goal is not to have a 2,5 m tall plant but at least 1m80 . Would putting it directly into the 69l pot make it grow really fast ?

what is your advice,

Regards

2. i would skip the 15 and go straight into the 69. transplanting can be very stressful on a plant no need to do it more then you need to. when i get my clones i put them right into their 5 gallon smart pots

3. isn't there a risk to waste water since nearly all of the soil will be devoid of roots for the first weeks ?
    isn't there a risk for the soil to take too long to dry out if the plant is too small to absorb everything?

I do agree with the fact its a potentially big stress

regards