What Is the best fertilizer to use on cannibas

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by TranStarLexington, Feb 5, 2016.

1. When I first started growing a few years ago when I was 18 I tried using a fertilizer that were just off the shelf at home Depot (not noticing the "kills weeds" part of it and every plant ended up dead. Ever since I haven't really used a fertilizer but instead just gotten away with just trimming the roots, dead leaves, giving it direct light for about 12 hours a day (I figured that's all those plants needed) but I'm wondering if you really need to use a fertilizer at all. And if so what kind

-TL

the specialty guy

2. What is your growing setup or are you gardening outside? The nutrient makers want you to believe that you simply must buy tons of chemicals to pour on your plants. Of course, they make tons of money off the tons of chemicals they want you to buy. In my mind, since nutes are meant to fill in the gap after the plant has used up what is naturally in the soil, we only need enough nutes on our plants for them to thrive and no more. It's not so much about what brand of nutes you opt for as much as it is knowing what "nutes" really are and what is important to your plants during each stage of development. I started with the ridiculous 10-bottle sets and ended up constantly burning my plants. A grower friend out in Southern California turned me on to "Jack's" by J.R. Peters a few years back and I gave up the bottled nutes for good. Jack's is a water soluble powder combo (veg/flower) that works well, is much easier to deal with than the bottled options and is super CHEAP! I can get enough to last me a year or more for $12.99 and my plants have never been healthier. So, if I were you, I would spend some time researching nutes as a whole and learn what your plant needs and when it needs it. Once you get this down, any brand will do as long as you meet your plant's needs. Good luck! TWW

3. I find I don't need that much in the way of additive nutes when starting with a decent soil. I love the fox farms ocean forest mixed with some coco coir. In fact it runs a little hot at first, but once the plants get used to it, they can thrive as long as all your other environmental needs are being met.

Fox Farms Nutritional additives are really great, but depending on what you are doing, how much your growing, and what you want your end product to be, well, there are so many foods and methods to get ya there. Even miracle grow has its audience :)