What is the best\easiest way to ajust PH of a powergrowe?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by trixman22, May 4, 2010.

1. I was curious as to what is the best\easiest way to adjust the PH of a General Hydroponics PowerGrower Eco? As you can see my baby isnt doing to well and the only thing I can think of is the PH is to high. I switched out all the water with water that was ph'ed but the PH went back up. Just checking if anyone has any tips or anything. All impute is appreciated.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      148.3 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      153.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Are you adding your nuts to the water first before adjusting the PH..?

3. Dood... nuts? rofl @ the typo! :D

If you're using the GH nutes, they should adjust the PH of tap water when you add them. Take a PH reading after the nute addition and adjust with PH down afterward if necessary.

My last Arjan's looked like that in early veg until I got the PH corrected. Some strains are very ph sensitive. Just correct it and move on, monitoring it frequently. She'll be fine.

GL with the grow man. (I love those pots btw)

4. Ha...Stand corrected nutes not nuts..l.LOL..:smoking:

5. Can't say I ever put my nuts in the water lol. I think I found the problem, the hydrotron dust seems to be very high on the ph scale. I switched out all the water last night and rinsed as much of the dust out as I could. I thought I had gotten it all out but I guess 2 rinses wasn't enough. I was adjusting the ph as if it were for soil(this is my first hydro grow) I got the ph down to between 6 and 6.5 from 8 (Still high I know). She is still not looking that great but as long as the ph stays down I think she will be fine. I am just gonna have to veg her an extra week or two to make up for the problems she is having right now.

6. Hey trixman,

I just recently purchased the powergrower myself, and was curious what water cycle your using? In the instructions it says for moisture loving plants to leave the pump on continuously and for plants that like dryer conditions to run the pump ½ hour on 1 hour off during light hours. Just wondering what marijuana prefers as to what water scheduling to use. I haven't started using mine yet and was looking for some insight. If you get a chance, you should look up oldgrayhair's grow journal. He uses the GH waterfarm system which is basically the same thing as the powergrower. His plants look awesome! But he doesn't mention what water schedule he uses in his journal. I modified my powergrower by drilling extra holes at the bottom of the grow chamber for better drainage and so that I can run an extra air hose into the reservoir. I'm going to use an air stone in the reservoir to oxygenate the nutrients solution just like a bubble bucket. So it's drip and bubbler system all in one. Hope it works!

Good luck with your grow.