What is the best brand of ph meter?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Samanthamudgirl, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Price range moderate, not expensive most likely. What do you use? What types are there if any?

2. Hanna meters come very highly recommended, but are on the pricey side.
    I bought a cheapy off eBay and it's a piece of junk - unstable readings.
    I've ordered some indicator solution instead, for now and will buy a Hanna meter when I can afford it.
    I'll be interested to hear any recommendations for reasonably priced meters that work well.

By the way, Samanthamudgirl, if you're growing hydro, a pH/EC combo meter isn't a bad idea.

3. Thanks for the response.

Sammy

4. eSeasonGear FreeShipping!

Most makes, models, best prices.

Lots of info and easy to comparison shop. I bought mine there, a Milwaukee SM-101. Good meter, but it may be more or less that what you are looking for.

Wet

5. I'm looking for a good digital PH Meter too , Some people say you don't really need a PH meter but what do you guys think? Is it really needed for a few good grows? Also, if so recommend some more good ones please

6. Hanna is a great way to go in terms of reliability, their cheapest pH meter runs for about fifty-five dollars depending where you buy from.

7. Even cheaper than that. Check out the link in Wetdog's post, a few posts ago. I've picked out the model I'm buying.

8. Oh wow! The same one I bought from my local hydro shop for fifty-five goes for thirty-eight dollars on that website.
    Definitely check out Wet's link.

9. Yeah, Wetdog, thanks for a good link.

10. I believe you are the one who recommended tha Hanna Instruments HI 98107

Cost me 40 dollars on Amazon, free shipping ... I've only used it twice, but I can already tells its worth every penny.

Thanks again NJ!