What is the best approach for flowering stage.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Ninja haze, Jul 22, 2020.

1. I am about to flip my plants into flowering mode in a week or so. What are tips or things Ithings I should do a week before flipping,?

2. Just make sure you will have enough height to cover for the flowering stretch(unless they are trained low and flat)
    thats about all you can do for them maybe a light defoliation if some fans are covering tops.

3. Ok. What about the nutrients. I added my veg nutrients to it a day or 2 ago, should i wait till the soil dries, then add fresh ph water, then flip it?...or it doesn't matter??

4. If you want max yield, you’ll need to do schwazzing. At first sign of flower, remove majority of fan leaves, leaving all the bud sites exposed. Then do it again at 20 days after first sign of flower. However you feeding needs to be on point and some silica helps. There’s a reason fan leaves are known as sucker leaves because you’re a sucker if you leave them! They’ll be people who’ll poo poo this but either they’ve never actually tried it or did it wrong cause it’s key to large yields, indoors, providing everything else in your grow is squared away!

5. I agree with the cutting the fan leaves, ,,so can i flip them like now? I don't want it to grow anymore in veg, or i might run out of room during flower

6. Just wait until first sign of flower before you defoliate. Then do it again 20 days later. You’ll never do it another way, if you do it correctly! Although, late in veg, I’ll remove large fan leaves if they’re blocking lower bud sites from reaching canopy. Hard for lower branches to grow, if light is blocked out by a big ass fan leaf!

7. Plant has shown sex for about a week now, ive already clipped some fan leaves during this week

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 Bigdaddy76, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    After you defoliate, you plant should basically look naked, with the only leaves at all the bud sites. Here’s a picture right after schwazzing, 2D14AFA3-0C85-4A61-A804-EC5EBCB9ECA5.jpeg at day 21. Look how much was removed. It’s same for first sign of flower!

9. So is it safe to flip now then? I will clip alil more off, but i don't have time to wait another 2 weeks, she is growing fast lol.

10. I think you’re not totally understanding. You don’t defoliate until after you flip and pistils are forming. That’s the first sign of flower, not plants sex!

11. Oooh i see

12. What you did is not schwazzing. Not 100% sure what will come of your situation, seeing as I’ve never done it but I’d imagine it’s not ideal and you might need to veg more to allow some new growth.

13. Oh