What is the beat soil to use and what are the PH, nitrogen, potassium levels etc. ??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LeEbOgram, Sep 26, 2011.

1. I'm going to give it a go and grow in dirt but want to make it high quality, any tips besides the basic know how or what to watch out for, thanks!

2. #2 Jellyman, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
    The pH of most soil grows should be around 6.5. That's for both the liquids you give them and the substrate's pH.

The ideal nutrient levels vary much more than the correct pH. Some growers mix all of their vegging nutes into the soil and don't fertilize manually until halfway through flowering. Others use completely inert mediums and add all nutrients manually. Very generally speaking, the average vegging pot plant likes a ratio close to 2-2-1. Flowering plants usually prefer a ratio around 3-5-5 to start, with the amount of Nitrogen decreasing as flowering progresses. Leafier buds may need more N through flowering, which usually means less of a decrease, rather than just more N overall. The concentration with these ratios increases with plant size & lighting.

3. Ph depends on the strain. I'm using 5.6 for my Great White Sharks right now. And nutrients typically have directions on the bottle and tell you how much to use per liter. Buy the marijuana horticulture medical marijuana grow book by author Jorge Cervantes. That book IMO is essential for growing.